Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Next Update to Active Home Pro?  (Read 34934 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Next Update to Active Home Pro?
« on: May 03, 2006, 07:42:29 PM »

When can we expect it and more importantly, what will it cover/correct?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

Re: Next Update to Active Home Pro?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

134 views and X10 Pro never responded.

The communciations problem between X10 Network Services has been identifed.  The CM15A continues to run all it's timers flawlessly, but AHP still refuses to show the proper status on devices A1, A3, A4 and A6. It properly shows the staus of A2, F1 and F2, B2, B3, B6, B7, B8, B10, B13, O1 and O4.

The modules include lamp, appliance and control modules. All listed modules have timers. 

For the record, when I had Active Pro, the correct status of all modues was always correctly shown.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:31:56 PM »

We're busy on a few other things right now, but we'll have an update to AHP soon. Here's what I have on my list for the update:
  • Room & house "All Lights On" doesn't actually respect module type -- sends On commands to all modules
  • module display status problems (the ones you mention above)
  • time display on picture files is off by an hour when pictures recorded in standard time are viewed during daylight savings
  • timestamp in video is wrong (shows GMT instead of local time)
  • Delete module with timer doesn't set "need download" flag
  • video saving/playback framerate problems (this is the problem that causes short videos)
  • Auto-stills stop after some period of time (1-2 hours reported by some customers, less by others)/li]
    [li]Media Viewer: browse back/forward in calendar shows previous month's dates having media, until control closed and re-opened
  • Media Viewer: browse month forward from current takes me to January 1 1601, and can't leave. This happens when current month opens but no dates with media are indicated.
  • RF On/Off command updates onscreen module even if transceived house code is not set for that code
  • Software timer set to run Sep 15 to Apr 15 runs on dates outside range (i.e. Apr 24): tested with a timer for a macro, per customer report of the problem

We also will be adding some great new features to iWitness, along with support for a new camera that will be released soon. And, we're going to start working on a new plug-in -- one you guys have been asking for almost since the beginning. I'll post more information when I can.

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:36:37 PM »

We're busy on a few other things right now, but we'll have an update to AHP soon. Here's what I have on my list for the update:

Thanks for the update.

• Room & house "All Lights On" doesn't actually respect module type -- sends On commands to all modules

While you are at it could you add support for Room, HouseCode and House "All Lights Off" (not to be confused with "All Units Off")?  I know not all modules support this, but it would still be useful anyway. 

Also, when are we going to see support for other arbitrary powerline commands (especially the old Pre-Set Dim)?

We also will be adding some great new features to iWitness, along with support for a new camera that will be released soon. And, we're going to start working on a new plug-in -- one you guys have been asking for almost since the beginning. I'll post more information when I can.

You have me curious with this one.  Could it be support for 3rd party modules?  Or could it be support for the IR Commander?  Either way I hope they are free plug-ins.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 12:21:10 AM »

...We also will be adding some great new features to iWitness, along with support for a new camera that will be released soon. And, we're going to start working on a new plug-in -- one you guys have been asking for almost since the beginning. I'll post more information when I can.
A new camera?
A new plug-in?
How about some more hints if you you're just going to tease us?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 10:07:13 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 09:51:45 AM »

I know, I know........
Could it be an X10 Security System Plug-in ??
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 10:15:14 AM »

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow Knows!! 

X10 Pro

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »

billy has the right idea.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 01:42:55 PM »

...Could it be an X10 Security System Plug-in ??

billy has the right idea.

Congradulations billy!

Now any guesses / hints about the new camera?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 03:08:23 PM »

My guess would be a night cam since many aren't happy with the low light version! ::) ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 07:51:34 PM »

Now, the Final Question:   What is the expected release date?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 12:27:35 PM »

Something I've noticed. I'm running 3.203 and I'm noticing that the Activity Monitor is showing "MACRO" for timer events. It's showing RF events correctly and any event done on the command line with ahcmd.exe.

Is this correct, or something else that needs fixing. The only macro i have is a keypress macro that is manually triggered.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 05:58:32 PM »

I hope the update is soon, I'm getting tired of seeing BLUE on A1, A3, A4, and A6 every weekday morning and A1 & A3 twice a weekday.

The timers all work as programmed, the CM15A is happy and other than the communications glitch, AHP gives zero problems.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »

Just noticed:  Where's X10 Pro been?  Hasen't been around for a week or more, so no breaking news.

X10 Pro

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 02:17:34 PM »

Nope, no news yet. We had a big prooject here last week that took all my time so I wasn't able to post much. This week I'm going to be at WinHEC so I won't be posting much either. The good news is that new information about Windows Vista and other hardware developments should lead to ideas for new X10 projects. The bad news is that the update will probably take a little longer.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.