Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A Not Receiving RF Signals from MS14A Placed Outside  (Read 8027 times)

wmp789

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A Not Receiving RF Signals from MS14A Placed Outside
« on: May 24, 2006, 05:21:43 PM »

I setup eight motion sensors MS14A. 5 of them are placed outside the house for triggering macros which control 5 cameras and a remote chime. These outside MS14As are about 50-80 feet away from the CM15A. None of the 5 MS14As placed outside the house seem to work. The macros don't respond to them when motion is detected and remote chime does respond either. If I move the same MS14A inside the house it works fine. Are they supposed to work in 100 feet range? What could be blocking the RF signals from these motions sensors? The Vanguard is placed about the same distance as two of the motion sensors, and it is controlled ok by the CM15A. Any suggestions to solve the problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mark

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A Not Receiving RF Signals from MS14A Placed Outside
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 06:53:23 AM »

Are they mounted on a metal serface? 100' is the best perfect distance under ideal conditions.
Try ther cm15a antenna pointing horizontal as a test.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:16:35 PM »

the vanguard has a better antenna and range in it. better antenna in the CM15A would work.
I had a problem because my outside walls are fairly thick and Mud/Cement covering them. (aliminum too)

some people use a repeater to get extra range. can also try setting the sensor to direct line of sight through a window into the house to see if it helps.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »

The best I've ever gotten using the CM15A is about 25 feet with the antenna in a horizontal position and elevated.  This was not enough range so I use a TM751 as the "receiver" for the RF signals from my MS14A motion sensors.  That has allowed me up to 50-60 feet while going through one exterior wall.  Some folks have had success in extending the RF range by modifying the antenna on the CM15A.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.