Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: want to switch between cameras  (Read 12130 times)

GMBAL4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
want to switch between cameras
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:42:40 PM »

Hello I am new at this I have X10  cameras one is the floodlight camera and the other is a regular wireless X10  camera I was told to buy the TM751 Transceiver and this will switch my cameras. After I bought this I can`t get it to switch cameras at all what am I doing wrong please HELP!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: want to switch between cameras
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:49:56 PM »

Besides the tm751 you'll need a controler to switch it with eg: palm pad,remote,PC interface
next the house codes on your cams must match your 751 the unit codes can be any thing but 1 as that is the tm751s unit code. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 06:56:34 AM »

A remote is also needed. Also the addressable power supplies for the cameras work in groups of 4 with the same House Code. The groups are 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. That is an On signal to one of the address in the group turns off the other three in the group. Cameras on lets say. B1 B2 and B3.
Send a B2 On would turn off B1 B3 and B4 if you had it. I believe the CR12A is the palm pad programed to do cameras, Any remote can do it as long as you remember all in one group.

GMBAL4

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:12:55 AM »

Hey guys I have the X10 remote control it is a 6in1 remote ---UR19A I can`t get it to switch the cameras i do not know what groups mean the tn751 did not come with instructions I do not have 4 cameras I only have 2 for now I will add more later please show me what I`M doing wrong.  :'(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:33:47 AM »

Set your remote to the same housecode A-P as the TM751 and the cams. they all need to be on the same housecode
Next set your first cam to unit 5 set your next cam to unit 6 as Brian H stated cams work in sets or groups of 4 (for Most people! I'm one that they don't)
The group of four cams work together in that when one in the group is turned on the rest in the group are suppose to be turned off automatically doesn't matter if you only have 2. The reason for setting your cams to 5 & 6 is you don't want to turn off your tm751 when switching cams and it would be in the first group of 4 with the unit code of 1.
If you press unit 1 on your remote the TM751 should make a clicking noise when it switches from on to off. Can't hear the click plug in a lamp to see if you can turn on/off
If that won't work and the tm751 is set to the same housecode as your remote then you have a bad TM751 (it happens) You have to get this step working before the cams will. ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

GMBAL4

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »

I don not know how to set units on the camera the floodcam have this the other camera does not have a means for setting a unit number I can set the channel A-D I`m still confused

phorce1

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 01:14:35 PM »

The controls for setting house/unit code on the non-floodcam units are on the power supply brick that plugs into the wall socket to provide power to the camera.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »

The House Unit Codes for the cameras that are not Flodcams; is on the small power supply you plug into the wall.
The A-D you are looking at is the Channel your camera uses to send the signals back to the receiver. The receiver and camera both have to be on the same channel to work.
On the floodcams. Look at the control panel. You see the A-D channel switch. Also the Dark/Light Dials and the Unit/House Code Dials along with the Camera Mode Switch. OK A-D is the sending channel match to the Receivers Channel. The camera mode switch determines if your X10 remote or motion control the camera. If you set it to manual it will be controlled by your House/Unit Code you set on the small dials. In auto; motion turns on the camera.

GMBAL4

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 05:58:27 PM »

Hey guys I looked on the power supply unit and it does not show this any other ideas??

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 07:02:22 PM »

The camera power unit should have a set of 2 dials to set the house and unit code. On the off chance you got the receiver and camera in a kit. Look at the one on the receiver and see if maybe you got the receiver and camera supplies reversed. If you can give the X10 part number of the camera and it's supply it may help.

GMBAL4

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 11:29:45 PM »

Well thats my problem I got the camera used from E-BAY and the floodcamera was new it has the dials on it but the other camera does not have any dials whatsoever. I also have the floodcam receiver VR31A connected to the TV and the spare camera is not connected but the floodcam receiver will pick up the signal could this be the problem?? Keep the ideas comming I need the help

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 07:49:08 AM »

The VR31A is the receiver you can use for the Floodcam or any of the wireless X10 cameras. All can use the same receiver. As you may have seen if two are on at the sametime. They interfere with each other.
Don't know if you want to go this route, but X10 does sell the addressable power supply PN:SK16A.
Another choice is only one camera in the system. Note I don't have a Floodcam to verify this, but the instructions indicate when it turns on it sends the off for the other thee in it's group.

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 08:39:23 AM »

GMBAL4,

What are the model numbers on the Camera and on the power supply for the cam?
Also the number on the power supply for the VR31A, you may have interchange the power supplies.
Does the power supply for the VR31A have code wheels?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

GMBAL4

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »

Okay the model numbers are for the floodcam I`m using the VR30A the power upply is PR30A there is no color wheel??
The other reciever is a VT30A and the power supply is PT30A still no color wheel ?? What is a color wheel?? Maybe this how my cameras are not working for me??  On my spare camera the model number is SC15A it also says to use the VK30A sender could this be my problem??

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 12:51:23 PM »

Color wheels are just another way to describe the two small dials with an arrow on it. You turn them with a small screwdriver to set the House and Unit Codes for the addressable power supplies.
Will see what we can about the Models you gave.
The receivers power supply has no bearing on multiple cameras. One receiver can receive all the cameras in use as long as their channel matches A-D and that only ONE camera is on at one time. The power supply that has to be switchable is the one powering the camera not the receiver.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 01:09:12 PM by Brian H »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.