Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 system right for me?  (Read 4328 times)

Jysinn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 system right for me?
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:57:44 AM »

I have been reading through the forums about x10 & I really like the idea of everything being automated wireless, plus having the extra options of turning things on and off from any location. the thing that is holding me back is the security part, I am a buisness traveler and am gone pretty much 4 days out of the week. What I have been reading is that people have false alarms and other issues with the wireless DS10A, now how reliable are these sensors. I would really hate to be away from home and have these issues and disrupt my follow neighbors..

or is it better that I look for a wired solution?

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: x10 system right for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 08:49:09 PM »

I have been reading through the forums about x10 & I really like the idea of everything being automated wireless, plus having the extra options of turning things on and off from any location. the thing that is holding me back is the security part, I am a buisness traveler and am gone pretty much 4 days out of the week. What I have been reading is that people have false alarms and other issues with the wireless DS10A, now how reliable are these sensors. I would really hate to be away from home and have these issues and disrupt my follow neighbors..

or is it better that I look for a wired solution?

The standard MS10a's are the Achilles heal of the system they are prone to false alarms in the 1 movement mode and in the 2 movement mode they flat out don't work. There are are two favors so to speak the standard and the pro, the pro's are vastly superior to the standard versions why I don't know but I the last non pro unit I had, while washing some windows I was able to craw through the window walk up the stairs and enter the bedroom where my wife was quietly sleeping this while the MS10a was only a few feet away!! the thing never triggered I was able to repeat this several times Ture Story! GET THE PRO's!

Tcj

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.