Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just learning about x10  (Read 8827 times)

rms59

• Helpful Post Rating: 15
Just learning about x10
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:09:58 PM »

I notice the views far outway the responses on this board. It seems many questions are not answered and I was wondering if there was another forum everyone goes to.

Dick

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Just learning about x10
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 05:42:33 PM »

I notice the views far outway the responses on this board...  ...I was wondering if there was another forum everyone goes to.

What are your goals?

What is your X10 experience level?

What is your "Home Maintenance & Repair" experience level?

[More Stats] An Average of 300 New Members Join Each Month, but LURKERS consistenly outnumber MEMBERS online: 12 Guests, 3 Users.

You need help, you have questions, you're civil - Welcome! :)

You want to RANT and RAVE about X10 - I've give you some other LINKs... ;)

UPDATE: (You were just TEASING with your title! :P )

Hi.. I'm new here but old x10 user...

I just bought an MS14A motion sensor and installed it outdoors under a soffit so its protected from weather and it monitors the driveway. It works flawlessly when sensing an object and turns on a small light that I have connected to a lamp module indoors..... I have it set for house code E position 15.

The problem I have is that sometimes the light will not turn off, even after 10 minutes with nothing in the driveway. I have changed modules but no dice. I can send an off signal to the lamp module with my Palmpad HR12 and the light will go out and stay out until the next motion is detected.

I have new batteries installed. I haven't found if its temperature related yet but the outside temp is 17 Degrees F.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dick

Why don't you introduce yourself to the "Cheers Gang ": Re: GUESTS/LURKERS: Why Don't You Register (and Become NEWBIEs)?  (Read 12517 times) and within 24 hours you'll have MANY new friends, all knowledgeable about X10!  ;D

If you're an "Old Geezer ", let us know - we also have a 'special needs' group!  :o ::) :P ;)

Here another good thread for starters: Re: HELP !! HELP !! CM15A's causing BALDNESS  (Read 1233 times)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 06:00:31 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:13:37 PM »

I notice the views far outway the responses on this board. It seems many questions are not answered and I was wondering if there was another forum everyone goes to.

Dick

Like many members.... I read most (if not every) post. Often, I don't have a good answer to a users question. Sometimes, another user has already contributed a similar or (like TTA's responce here) better responce than I could have.

Few questions go unattended for very long.

There are other Home Automation forums (other then X10). I am a BIG FAN of X10 myself!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

rms59

• Helpful Post Rating: 15
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »

Ok, Ok, Ok, I get it.  :)

I'll just post a question and hope I get an answer.  ???

And yes at 66 I am an old cane banging geezer.  ;D

Dick

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 08:37:33 AM »

And yes at 66 I am an old cane banging geezer.  ;D

Dick

Well welcome to the forum Dick!
You should take TTA's advice and stop over at the Cheer's Gang Thread and introduce yorself!

We can always use another cane banger!!!!!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 03:25:46 PM »

...I'll just post a question and hope I get an answer.  ???

[How-Do-I] Assemble a Low-Cost, Heat-Activated Automatic Drapery Controller?  (Read 48 times) <--3 Replies and 48 Views in UNDER 24 hours! :o ::) ;)

Why don't you introduce yourself to the "Cheers Gang ": Re: GUESTS/LURKERS: Why Don't You Register (and Become NEWBIEs)?  (Read 12517 times) and within 24 hours you'll have MANY new friends, all knowledgeable about X10!  ;D

So, put down your "Old Geezer " cane and start typing up your "Cheers Gang " Intro:D
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.