Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343820 times)

heatvent

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »

Here's a couple:

Internal web server interface ... i.e. log in from remote computer on LAN not through internet.
More plug-ins to interact with:
        Email - be able to scan emails for commands
        Phone - ability to call out either through modem or better yet VOIP like Skype
        Instant Messenger - control through messenger plug-in
Voice commands - this may actually be a module idea.  Give a module a house/unit code and have it plug in and shoot that code over the network based on simple voice commands.  Light on, light off, dim, all on, all off, etc.

JC_Carreiro

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »

Have the option/ability to use with our own servers or with X10s servers.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »

...Voice commands - this may actually be a module idea.  Give a module a house/unit code and have it plug in and shoot that code over the network based on simple voice commands.  Light on, light off, dim, all on, all off, etc.
BVC can already do way more than that. It has a very interactive voice control with voice feedback. Do a search here. I think his topic is the most read of any of them or check out Bill's web site for more information.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »

Well This may seem simple.. but how about the ability to edit labels? Currently I can print labels but I have to create a template in word or excel to label my palm pad correctly. Also the abilty to edit lifestyle mode would be kinda cool.
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »

It would be good to hear from X10 regarding this thread.  Lots of ideas here.  What's the plan?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »

Did you check out all the pages in this thread?  There have been posts by X10 personnel in this thread.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »

I've read X10's responses in this thread.  And, without exception all responses by X10 personnel, in this thread, have merely said, "... thank you for all your suggestions.  We are sharing them with the Development Team ..."  Perhaps I'm a little impatient, but I would have thought by now something other than stating that we are "sharing with our Development Team" would have transpired.  Thus my question, what's the plan.  What's next, other than "sharing with our Development Team."  I think it's a fair question to ask "What's next." 

Since it was X10 that opened this thread, there must have been some fore thought as to what they were going to do with the ideas/fixes once this forum produced them.  There's a lot of good ideas here -- so what's the next step after "sharing with the Development Team?  Much has been written and commented about in this forum regarding the loss of X10 programming efforts.  I would hate to see these ideas/fixes get lost or forgotten.  Something positive from X10 regarding these ideas/fixes, being incorporated, would make us all feel more warm and cozy!!!! 

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »

How about a macro library that we can use, instead of just looking at it.  It's like having a car with a (car radio) and not being able to turn it on and listen to it. ridiculous
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

cary

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »

Allow sending static FTP files. This capability is broken in AHP. Fixing this will enable AHP to support webcam applications.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2007, 06:24:38 AM »

1 It would be nice if I could interface my weather station with AHP
2 It would be nice to have an on/off switch for macros. Could be used to temporally disable a macro without having to use work arounds.

Might I suggest that X10 take a look at the "Wish List " thread. Many good requests are already there.    :)

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Boiler

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »

Sorry, I thought I had posted a valid question below regarding the scope of the AHP upgrade.  If this thread is intended to be a one way dialog, please let us know.

...Wanted to get your thoughts regarding the current AHP program.  Pleae feel free to post away regarding any possible additions or fixes you feel can be included to better the software.  Maybe you thought of a new macro? Or do you think the software can be improved with a tweak here or there? Or possibly you may have even discovered a bug in the software? Let us know!

Mike,
Your original post was in reference to AHP and software changes.  I've seen numerous software and hardware change requests in this thread.

Just to be clear, what is the scope of the change that X10 is undertaking?  Is this a face lift (mod to the AHP software) or a major change incorporating a CM15B (new PLC without the documented interrupt problems with the current PIC)  and PC software?

ibcruzing

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2007, 10:06:21 AM »

I am having problems printing a label for my palm pad remote (HR12A) using AHP. It prints 2 separate labels for my housecode; one for numbers A1-8 and another for A9-16. The old x10 software printed all of the codes on one label. I am using FILE > PRINT LABELS. Thanks.

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2007, 02:14:34 AM »

another simple one.. how bout being able to run ahp over there by the clock on the puter?
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

s0urc3f0ur

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2007, 05:45:24 PM »

Disregard the las t post... I see that it already does that!

HRHKEE

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »

I purchased a comprehensive system including All X10 AHP related software, some cameras (low light camera – HAH), some Pro Modules and a Security System (fully Loaded /w 18 door sensors and 6 motion sensors (THANKS X10 SALES) – Oh and best of all (THE WRONG Switches) MOST OF MY switches require 3 way switches and WORSE NO single light switch has a GROUND CONNECTOR – OH JOY!!!!! Ever heard of BUILDING CODE VIOLATIONS ANYONE @ X10?????

The rest of the system KINDA WORK but my AHP Software and Add-ons – OH! What a headache.....

Hardware Integration Issue with AHP:
•   Cameras - Poor video reception and picture control,
•   PRO modules... hmmmm.... PRO! Yeah Right...
•   Who thought up the antennae on the Ninja's? What should I do? Rotate the house and the receiver around with it too to maintain perfect alignment with the camera?
•   4 corners to house… three ninja’s outside upside down under soffit, Can anyone think I may have hmmm a reception headache? Hmm? Hmm?

Most of the calls I have made to X10 Support is regarding programming my hardware but it seems the AHP software is at the heart of all the major problems I have had.

Here are a few issues.

1.   I found a major bug in the software. Whenever I restrict modules from MyHouse.X10.Com, and I connect online, the local default ahp file (the one I spent hours building) gets corrupted and those devices I blocked or restricted disappear once the system recovers from a crashes that happens EVERYTIME I connect via the net.

2.   Most damaging, I found a way to identify clients to the x10 gateways and probe those people (if they are not hardened) - finding the usernames and passwords for MyHouse.X10.com is not too hard.

3.   Macros - HAH... the only great thing about AHP Macros is that with the SDK I can use VB or other languages... but the documentation is lacking and the logic weak.  WHAT MACRO LIBRARY – I cannot click the Create button as it says in the documentation and it sends me to a link that tries to SELL ME MORE X10 Stuff. I learn more from the forums than I could ever learn from the docs or technical support.

4.   MY GREATEST HEADACHE... whenever I call support... EVERYONE THERE TELLS ME ABOUT WHAT I DID NOT BUY. ALL X10 PERSONNEL DO IS SELL! SELL! SELL! Come on X10... Some of us are already sold on your stuff..... PLEASE SUPPORT IT!!!! Also I cannot tell you how many times I have called the support line just to be disconnected and NO ONE THERE CAN TELL WHY!!!! It’s like there is a timer on the call - if they put you on hold - FORGETABOUT IT! It must be me and my frustrated attitude but some of your tech support people really stink. Some of them – the last two women I spoke to were really nice but they hung up on me anyway – and never called back like they said they would. And I know – I DID NOT BUY THE WARRANTY….. ON PURPOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would I warranty something I don’t know if I will keep?

5. AHP Crashes like clockwork…with no use or interaction from me. I get this regularly…. ACTIVE HOME PROFESSIONAL HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE… On debug…it all disappears.

6.   The Ninja:
Rotation upside down is sluggish....
Reception is poor most of the time....
User cannot control which camera is selected in AHP as it constantly decides which it wants to show. I have adjusted the preferences till I am blue in the face.
Macros cannot shut off camera. I cannot even keep them off with the remote controller.
Ninja Control pad messing with other X10 devices/macros/triggers....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally - I promise not to share how to hack MyHouse data from poorly secured clients... My advice to X0 users is to be careful and
a.   Leave it disconnected when not in use.
b.   Don’t restrict anything you wish to keep when connecting
c.   NEVER SEND THE SECURITY EMAIL VIA AHP.
d.   Create a restore point before configuring and connecting X10 MyHouse Online and restore before you did when done. (Too many Antx files, registry entries and XML … stuf f to cleanup)

My plea to X10 - harden your systems and software. I have not looked at anyone's system or even or will try but I could hack my own and that is enough to tell me – Quality of Security and Program Stability is very WEAK!

NEXT VERSION ANYONE???

JM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.