Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343831 times)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2008, 11:57:32 PM »

This suggestion will require a software and hardware upgrade, besides making the antenna work better, which a lot of X-10 users would like to see.  How about allowing users define what the module does in AHP?  The big push right now is going green, let users decide if they want their lamp module to dim or not dim, so they can implement CFL's and other technologies.  At my house, as standard bulbs burn out, we are replacing them with CFL's, it would be nice to be able to just go to AHP and reprogram the lamp module, instead of having to purchase a new module to work with the CFL.  Basically I am asking for a module which would have to be X10 Pro with some sort of state memory, either (on/off) or dimmable, which could be programmed by AHP.  The AHP portion would be to have a selected module and address listed, then allowing the user to select how the module behaves.  The module can be a dimmable module, appliance module, or an inductive load module, but the way the module acts is determined on the user setting in AHP.

irusr83

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »

I would really like to see a way to connect to remote viewing without using the very unreliable myhouse.x10.com.  Let me specify an ip addres:port and connect remotely.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »

Try LogMeIn.com - I love it, and I use the FREE service. - Just like sitting at home - and I can restart AHP when it locks, edit macros, etc.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2008, 05:53:06 PM »

It's now February 6, 2008 and no news as to any upgrade to AHP (and if possible a firmware upgrade to the CM15A for the new DST dates)

Can Michael Mallari please let all of us know where the process is right now?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

zach1234

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2008, 08:28:47 PM »

I am sure you guys will just have to wait. I hope You guys in the developing department (the same department as sales and technical support) will  do my idea an give a More enjoyable remote connection and not try to speed out a update that has no fixes TAKE THE TIME to do it right the first time.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2008, 08:17:18 PM »

I am sure you guys will just have to wait. I hope You guys in the developing department (the same department as sales and technical support) will  do my idea an give a More enjoyable remote connection and not try to speed out a update that has no fixes TAKE THE TIME to do it right the first time.

We will, hopefully not another two years   Also, check your spelling in your sig. There's an error.

BSRMAN

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »

Dan I will jump in for you this month. It is now Mar 10th and no word. I have about given up. I tried to assist by adding a request nicely. Oh well another situation. I am so sorry I bought into the CM15A stuff now. I have not bought any product since I bought the CM15A. Does this show X10 how old time users lile myself have lost faith and refused to continue with the product devlopment.
I bought a Lorex camera and it works fine with my system. So X10 want some of my money. Deliver

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »

I gave you a negative.  This forum is run by users, not X10 directly for users.  Got a problem?  A solution  can usually be found here.

We all know X10 has lost programmers in the last two years, thus my request to Michael Mallari to keep us advised as to where the process is going. If July of this year passes with no news, he will get a direct e-mail from me.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

Dan Lawrence your just a little to free with dishing out unhelpfuls! :(  ::)
Try and find Positive things and if you can't try and create some! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2008, 10:36:56 PM »

Dan Lawrence your just a little to free with dishing out unhelpfuls! :(  ::)
Try and find Positive things and if you can't try and create some! ;)

I disagree.  I give negatives when a poster only posts negative comments about AHP/CM15A, X10 in general or X10USA. 

zach1234

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »

The antenna could use an improvement! Maybe a removable one with an "F" connector. So no one would be encumbered with too much antenna, and anyone could extend the antenna to a higher more central area using coax.

Make the antenna bend more. So it can point away from the unit. So if it is mounted vertical it can be parrel with the wall but not the interface.

leiphasw

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »

I have had AHP for a while now and the general features and capabilities of it are fine. Technically, I like the basics of it. (Except for the occasional Dr Watson crash.)  However, all the SPAM features on it get REALLY ANNOYING!  I paid for it.  So, why all the shareware-like spamming and promotional nagging?

For some examples in approximate order of my annoyance:

1) The Splash screen that says "everything is loaded" for a relatively long time each time I want to pop it up quick to do something and it makes me wait about 10 seconds till it is gone to click a button that is behind it.
2) The ActiveHome hyperlink control in front of the window's title bar which covers up the system controls when the window is made narrow.  This prevents clicking the min/max/restore buttons when the window is narrow.  We all know where the x10 web site is.
3) The little door constantly flapping is pointless and is just annoying when the window is left open for a long time.  I have two big monitors with plenty of space, but I minimize the AHP window because of the flapping door.
4) The history tab only showing 10 occurrences for a particular control with no ability to scroll back in time.  To get the rest of them from earlier than usually just the last few minutes, I need to list the entire house history and sort through them to find a particular control's activity.
5) The 'Order' button on every control.  Don't you think we know how to order this stuff since we ordered everything in the whole system from you already?  Again, we all know where the x10 web site is.  When I accidentally click that button, I am not going to continue and accidentally order something too.

I think this is a start to what could be a very useful product, however, in its current state, I am inclined to write my own without all the spamola and...tempted to compete rather than partner with you.

Thanks,
Steve Leiphart.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2008, 12:19:37 PM »

leiphasw: There are a couple of the annoyances on your list that can be disabled in the TOOLS / PREFERENCES menu. I know the flapping door and order button are there.

leiphasw

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2008, 01:51:48 PM »

Well, those two were easy!   Now, how come my little door doesn't flap anymore?    :D

That takes out 40%.  I guess I glazed over when I looked through them back when I got it configured.  I had assumed the animated icons were the on/off buttons and wasn't clear then what the order button was.  Once I got annoyed, I didn't remember there being preference settings for them to fiddle with.

Thanks Puck,
Steve.

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »

WOW ! ! ! !  I can't believe that it's been so long since I've been here, and man are theer some changes and posts to catch up on. I think it's been at least 2 years since I last logged on or posted on the Forums......

I guess there's just one thing to say..... "Welcome Home!"   :)%
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.