Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody know....  (Read 8715 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Anybody know....
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:06:44 AM »

Who is the "President" of X10? I have read on some of the threads here that it's Dave Rye, but I can't find any contact information. Can anyone shed any light on this? :)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Re: Anybody know....
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:14:04 PM »

;D I think it's "Gaylord Clutchbutt"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

..... Laugh every day.............
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:17:26 PM by Duck69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »

Actually, it's S. Secrets.   Nowhere on the X10 site can you find out who is at any officer position of the company.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 09:54:21 PM »

Read my post 3 above, it says a lot of "who's at the top".

birdzeye

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »

Well....if nobody knows that, then how about this:

Anybody know why my appliance module, with an LCD monitor plugged into it, turns on by itself after I turn it off?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 08:27:44 PM »

Local Control as covered in your other message thread. Also a very common problem if you try to use an appliance module with the newer Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 09:28:24 PM »

Local control is a sensor on the unit that detects a power drawl from whatever is hooked to the module that tells the unit to turn on without a remote.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:11:02 PM »

That's really STATE SECRETS, since nobody knows or tells.  ;)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 07:49:23 PM »

You know this from where?

YB

• Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 09:31:37 PM »

there should be no reason to discuss who the president is, or people saying who they think it is. We have contact information available for everything available. Customer care also has the appropriate information for anyone that needs it.

Why does a company not post things of this sort?

Because, if you were a president of a big corporation, getting letters regarding tech support matters, wouldn't you be a little upset?

I hope this makes sense and gives you the reason I deleted posts about who it is.. besides, you were all wrong anyhow.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

birdzeye

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 08:32:28 AM »

Because, if you were a president of a big corporation, getting letters regarding tech support matters, wouldn't you be a little upset?

Yes, I would be upset to know the level of gross incompetence of my employees and the numerous problems with the use of my product that is causing customers to repeatedly ask for refunds their purchases and cause the company to lose money. I would want to achieve a level of excellence for my company in both of these areas, and would go to extreme lengths, which includes listening to the grievances of dissatisfied customers, in order to IMPROVE MY PRODUCT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »

I know some people who run companies like to have feedback from end users so they know exactly how their products are doing.  X10 seems to be more interested in flashy advertising than helping people get their equipment running.

Many of us here spend considerable time helping end users, and receive no compensation for our efforts.  Of course, we are not the highly paid president of a big corporation.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 05:10:36 PM »

Its a goverment cover up!!!

Its not a big secert just look it up on the internet.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

Why does a company not post things of this sort?

A-h-h-h, I disagree on those points.

1) Most companies DO post that sort of information. However, it is certainly X10's prerogative to not post the information.

2) The company President would never see the letter or spend a pico second of time on it. Their Executive Assistant would take care of the problem, and there in lies the reason to send a USPS paper/envelope letter to the company president.

When a Customer Service rep sends an email up the pipe to the director of engineering, saying "Mr Birdzeye is having a problem with his widget, could you look into it?" the email gets dumped into the "I'll get to it when I can" bucket, and begins to grow mold. However when the same director of engineering gets this phone call " This is the office of the president and Mr Birdzeye is having trouble with his widget....could you look into it"? The director of engineering will react....quickly,  and at least assess the problem.

I worked 28 years for a $28B a year company. Many times I saw this behemoth of a company react when simple, but well verbalized, written complaints got into the hands of the CEO's staff.  When I was on that side of the fence I too thought that the company executives should not be places to take your complaints. Now that I'm on the other side of the fence I write to CEO's when:
1) I feel I have a very legitimate complaint.
2) I am very, very, very sure the problem is not at my end.
3) I have explored more conventional methods of getting my problem resolved (Customer Service) with no satisfaction.

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

chewie8han

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »

I did a quick Google search and found the following information.   I'd trust the first link a little bit more, just because it's business week, but the other links could be correct instead.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=598742
http://www.hoovers.com/x10/--ID__101796--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml
http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_gv8txs

Kevin

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.