Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: anybody modified a kr19a to work with security?  (Read 4262 times)

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
anybody modified a kr19a to work with security?
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:18:56 AM »

after searching the internet, have found that the other country x-10 systems seem to have all the features that most of us are looking for, except for the fact that frequency is incorrect.  I was noticing that there security keychain is in the housing of a kr19a remote.  My question is, has anybody tried to modify a kr19a with parts from a security keychain, possibly switching chips or components.  I do have a couple kr19a remotes on order which i am going to try to modify. I was just checking in case it has been done already and save me the hassle of possibly ruining more remotes then necessary.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: anybody modified a kr19a to work with security?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »

after searching the internet, have found that the other country x-10 systems seem to have all the features that most of us are looking for..... I was noticing that there security keychain is in the housing of a kr19a remote. 

Yeah X10 Europe seems to be leading the way as far as new innovative products. The "largeness" of the security remote has been a popular complaint for sometime. Good luck on any modification to the KR19A.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.