Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 6 Wireless - Problems  (Read 11779 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
6 Wireless - Problems
« on: May 08, 2009, 01:40:02 PM »

I think I know the answer - but it's worth a shot.

Is there any way...

To get 6 (or more than 4) wireless cameras working?  When I have 6 camers live - C1-C4 and I1-I2.
Seems the instant-on cameras(I1&2) stay hot and interrupt the signals from the other set.  When only one set is plugged in, it's fine.

Guess I'll just have to use 2 PC's?? -Or wired cameras...

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

tallelf78

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: 6 Wireless - Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »

ok, so i've been struggling with this as well, I have...

2 Color cams (C3, C4)
2 BW cams (C5, C6)
2 Floods (F1, F2)

I've been having trouble (understatement) since day 1. I have determined (and experts correct me if i'm wrong)...you need TWO TM751's to relay the RF signal to the PL signal. I have set one of the TM751's to the "C" house code and one to the "F" code. I don't know why this isn't documented, or at least widely publicized, but since I changed my setup this way I have had "less" problems.

Edit: I suppose you could change your "I" code cameras to "C" so all cameras are on the same house code as one single TM751...But as you well know with this X10 stuff, that is no guarantee!  B:(
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:26:01 AM by tallelf78 »

PajamaGuy

Re: 6 Wireless - Problems & Answers
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 06:49:12 AM »

;D
Well, it was a long day, but I think I have the an answer.  At least it's working...

Macros.  Via phantoms, when any camera turns on the other "group" is turned off.  When a "C" camera is turned on, a macro is triggered that turns all "I" units off.  Plus I added some delays to my snapshot macros to ensure the "OFF" sequence runs before taking & sending the snaps.

Now, via my BlackBerry, I can request & receive a snap from any camera, in any position - and they're all clear!

In the process, I learned another thing.  Sometimes the antennas need to be pointed away from the receiver/cameras.  My receiver's antenna is almost closed, and some close-in cameras work better when their antennas are facing away from the receiver.

PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:55:07 AM »

The problem maybe the fact that the cameras work in sets of four. Same House code and Units 1-4 or 5-8 or 9-12 or 13-16. Turn one on the group other three go off automatically. To do more than four you need to turn off more than one group or they step on each other.
The two C3 and C4 will turn each other on and off as will the C5,C6 and F1,F2 pairs to their partner, but will NOT turn off the other pairs. So you get interference with the other cameras that are on.
There are ways to control more than four cameras and I hope someone with a larger setup can assist you with your problems.
I do know that X10 makes a palmpad type remote that can do more than one group of four cameras. I will see if I can find data on the product again.
Found it: http://www.x10.com/products/x10_cr13a.htm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:59:20 AM by Brian H »

PajamaGuy

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:51:07 AM »

Brian is correct - you're bridging two groups, so you're actually using 3 groups, and yes, a TM751 will only control ONE HouseCode.

I think a problem is that while activating a camera within one group turns off other cameras, it only turns off the cameras within the same group.  And the groups are as Brian indicated, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, and 13-16.  Just using 4 consecutive numbers does not create a group.  If you change C3 & C4 to C7 & C8, you'll have those four in a single group and activating one of them "should" turn off the other 3. - But that will have no affect on the "F" cameras.  And then, if one "F" is on at the same time a "C" camera is, whichever has the strongest signal will be seen - and you'll probably have a ghost image mixed in. And selecting an "F" camera won't turn off the "C" group.

You can test it by selecting a "C" camera, then sending an OFF to whichever "F" camera is interfering.
OR - you could use 2 receivers and set them (and their cameras) to different channels. - (But you still need to get all 4 "C" cameras into the same group)
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.