Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Error Getting X10Net Interface  (Read 101192 times)

jamesjr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Error Getting X10Net Interface
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 03:35:13 PM »

I have done this but only deleted the common files folder i did not rename it first...i will try your method and report back...

jamesjr

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:47 PM »

I un-installed AHP, searched and deleted all x10 files...deleted the X10 service itself using regedit and then reinstalled using the latest link from x10 software website and...........still the same error........very frustrating!!!!! B:(

Am i somehow still not deleting the correct x10nets.exe file/service, does the download file use the internet to get all the files when i install? Can someone tell me what version their X10nets.exe file is? Mine is 1.0.0.1...same for the x10.exe file in the Common files folder......

jamesjr

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 11:11:01 PM »

OK i just read a different thread and there was a mention of the Dependency Walker...i ran x10nets using this and it is saying i am missing IESHIMS.DLL and WER.DLL......so my question now is why do these not get installed when i re-install the software? Weird......

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22449.0 - thread mentioned above

jamesjr

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 12:21:38 AM »

I tired installing SDK first.....then AHP...still no go...

jamesjr

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »

One thing i did notice in the Add/Remove programs list is that after i UN-install AHP and Vanguard and X10 Hardware the line is still there but with little or no Size in the size column...and the icon is a little computer/CD picture....so I am wondering if my UN-Install did not work properly.....see attached pic

Any ideas??? I really need some help....I received my XTBM just before this happened and was really getting going on fixing my one problem with my Active Home switch and now i am dead in the water......plus this is keeping me up a night........ B:(

Thanks..

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »

The ActiveHomePro folder stays but NOTHING is in it.  You can delete it.   If the X10 folder in Common Files is still there, you can rename it to anything and then delete it.  Then when you reinstall AHP everything is new.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jamesjr

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »

I have deleted any and all folder/files that have to do with AHP, used the windows SEARCH tool to look for activehome, x10, and deleted everything.....and the line still appears in the Add/Remove Programs list....I am at a total loss now....I am going to try to install it once again but i have my doubts....

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 07:45:55 AM »

jamesjr
You May have to do some windows repair options.
Delete AHP remove the line from add/remove programs if it gives you the option.
Remove the x10 common folder Remove the AHP Folder.
Open my computer then right click on the drive that windows is in (usually C:)
click on options then tools then check for errors
Check both boxes then OK it should tell you it can't do the operation but schedules  for next reboot.
Reboot you PC
The scan and repair will take some time to work threw.
Once done check to see that the X10 nets isn't in the services.
You may need to get Autoruns for windows (free) which will help removing X10 nets.

If you have your window CD you may need to do a fix\repair with it. I believe there is a option that will fix the registry(hidden) you'll need to check the internet for the exact How to.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:50 AM »

Consider using something like CCleaner. It's freeware (I donate because it's awesome) and it does a great job of
cleaning registry, temp files, etc. You may find it'll do a more thorough job of cleaning your registry.
check it out.
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

jamesjr

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 10:27:35 PM »

Well I think I have tried it all now, cleaned the registry using CCleaner, manually cleaned the registries of all X10 items....ran the CHKDSK deal, and still no luck. Other than re-installing Windows...which seems crazy to me cause the computer is working fine....i think i am SOL.

Any one want to buy a XTBM and XTBII and all my X10 items....i'm dead in the water.....no wind left in the sails....I guess i need to buy a new computer now.....

B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( B:( >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*<

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »

Before giving up, you might want to post a request for help on X10's FaceBook page. That usually gets a quick response from them.

jamesjr

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »

Noam,
    Great idea, I will try that....I was frustrated last night or sure.....you'd think all this stuff would work together.....

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »

If you post there that you are giving up, they often reply pretty quickly (keep in mind they are on the West coast, though), in order to keep the negative comments to a minimum.

You might also try sending a private message through the forums to "AHP Dev", "ErikP", or by sending an e-mail to "ericb@x10.com". They seem to be helpful when you contact them directly, but sometimes they are to busy to watch the forums, I guess.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »

jamesjr
Not that this is any help but this has happened to me! ::) :'
First on a XP sp3  now on my Windows 7 machine.
seems maybe a bug was introduced back about 3.293 as thats when it happened on my XP machine.
as this machine was a old system I figured part of the problem was a dirty system as I had used it for debuging and trial software.
Now with this latest Windows 7 issues it is even stranger as a system restore even fails to fix the issue.
I reinstalled windows XP on the test machine after backing every thing up (man what a job)
reinstalled AHP and every thing was up and running then I tried to load a old AHX file and the system crashed/hung stopped AHP using task manager as you did and AHP wouldn't load reports the "Error getting x10 net interface" message.
I figured with a new system a restore would work, Wrong! never did have much faith in that!
So I reloaded windows again  and followed the same routine setting up AHP then clicking on open file and choosing my AHX back up. Wham lock up again. I'm not sure if it is the open file option in AHP or a corrupt AHX file maybe both.
I reloaded XP again (seemed to be the fastest way to get backup and running) this time I didn't use the Backup AHX file but a different one. and every thing is working.

I sill have this isssue with one other XP SYStem and MY new Windows 7 machine. B:(
I've fired off a PM to one of the programmers and will send some emails today.
If/when you get back up and running don't use your AHX file that was running in AHP when it fail as it most likely got corrupt as well.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jamesjr

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »

Noam, Tuicemen,
      I really like the benefits of X10 and really want to get it working....so i will not give up....but i sure was frustrated last night.....I will continue to try different fixes as time allows....

Tuicemen - thanks for sharing your story...at least i know im not alone.....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.