Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Cannot upgrade to 3.305 (wierd???)  (Read 4194 times)

orcusomega

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
[SOLVED] Cannot upgrade to 3.305 (wierd???)
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »

OK, so I have been running 3.301, and today I noticed that my system was not behaving the way it should, that when I pushed buttons on my remote, my AHP was not seeing the commands either RF or PLC.  So when I set the interface to watch for and tranceive for all commands, I figured something was up.  That said, I decided to download 3.305 since I saw Noam's post about command line arguments (PUHLEEZE LET THEM WORK!!! (fingers crossed)).  And now I can't get it to install - it is stuck on 301 even though I uninstalled it (GRRRRRR)

Here's what I have done:
1) Tried to run the installation over the current install (saying yes to upgrade all)
2) Tried to run the installation over the current install (saying no to upgrade all)
3) I uninstalled from Control Panel, then reinstalled.
4) I uninstalled from Control Panel, then rebooted, then reinstalled.
5) I uninstalled from Control Panel, then rebooted, then deleted the AHP files from C:\Program Files\AHP and Common Files\X10, then reinstaleld, then rebooted

And every time I end up with the same - I get the inital splash screen, showing my name and 3.301.  It now asks me for mt registration key but cannot get it from X10.......

SUGGESTIONS???????
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:02:57 PM by orcusomega »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Cannot upgrade to 3.305 (wierd???)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »

Did you keep the e-mail from X10 when you first got AHP?  That has your registration code.  I saved mine from when I first got AHP in July 2005 in two separate areas. If you have the e-mail save the code NOW!!!!

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »

for whatever reason you probably are caching the 3.305 installer.
Try clearing your cache, and downloading again.
After you download the installer (save it under a different name, just to be sure), check the file properties.
On the "Digital Signature" tab, you should see the following signature date for 3.305:

"Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:22:41 PM"

If you see something older, then you are probably still downloading an older version of the installer. Since X10 uses the same filename for all the installers, your browser (or the proxy server, if you have one) might have an older version cached, and isn't pulling the new one down.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »

You may also wish to try this link: ftp://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehomepro/sw31a_setup_ahp.exe
When my AHP fail to install the correct version this one installed the correct version!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

orcusomega

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »

Well I got it installed now - thank goodness :)  Turns out the first link on the SW update page was grabbing the 3.301 installer - have no idea why.  When I used the alternate download link, it is working now, at least I was able to install it.

Now I am getting AHP crashes, and I am not seeing PLC commands... Still plugging away at getting this beast fixed though :(

Bob

orcusomega

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot upgrade to 3.305 (wierd???)
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »

OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled the SDK and now everything is back up and happy...

Bob

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.