Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.  (Read 59188 times)

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
Re: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »

I am using the one by Benjamin Wulfert

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2012, 06:48:55 PM »

Android updater (update me) on CM9 comes up with a new CM nightly Rom 20120913 (I believe is the number) -
I installed the zip - and then had to install the Airpad XL compatiblity zip from page one here - -

Any word on this ????????  

Jcoleman - feel like making another img file?
Looks like better bluetooth -
Name no longer comes up as airpad XL

2012-09-13
*** This will be the latest release. Rom development is now discontinued since I moved to other SoCs ***
* Full spoof as SGS2 (GT-I9100) for better GameLoft / EA compatibility
* Fixed FC on license check of some games (specially gameloft one)
* Bluetooth dongle now supports hotplug
* Cyanogenmod's option to hide status bar now will permanently hide it (not only if the app requests the FULLSCREEN flag). You can enable/disable this option using the included ToggleBar app or checking/unchecking the option from "combined bar"'s settings.
* Added WiFi wakelock (change WiFi sleep policy to "Never" or the tablet won't sleep)
* Updated upstream sources
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:09:39 AM by Jimdi »

Jimdi

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »

Ok - here is a "24" hours later report on the latest CM9 release 20120913 - -

Superior Bluetooth performance!  Works perfectly!

I also switched to a new dongle - TrendNet TBW107UB
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/816822-REG/Trendnet_TBW_107UB_TBW_107UB_Micro_Bluetooth_USB.html

It worked ok under the previous CM9 release - but now it works GREAT with this new 201200913 release!

As far as the rest of the UPDATE-

Better System performance - to me it seems much better than the last release.

I can't realy complain about this release. (so far)

the process I followed was this
I had Jcolemans CM9 Image file loaded through Livesuite - -
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL%20CyanogenMod9%20814.img is a livesuit image based on christian troys cyanogenmod9.

THEN:

Downloaded the new zip file to my SD card
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/33373-rom-cm9-nightlies/cm9_nightly_20120913.zip
(click on 2012-09-12)

Then downloaded the google and Airpad fix files from Jcoleman
Download the Google Apps http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/files/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip or from here if you want the Facelock app http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
Download my airpad xl compatibility file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL_compatibility_1.2.0.zip

I did the reboot holding Power and Vol- until I got the Android Zip install untility

and installed the zips one at a time.  

NOTE: the RAW 2012-09-13 zip doesn't operate corretly until you hit "reset" on teh back of the android - then hold power and vol- to install the airpadXL fix zip -
then repeat and do it again for teh google apps fix.

When you are done it seems to run great!

Hint:  I would be really nice if someone was kind enough to put this new version in an IMG file format along with fixes and name the device Airpad XL.  

thanks
Jim
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:07:04 AM by Jimdi »

ghawkz

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »

Finally got around to upgrading my XL with BuBu's instructions - thanks to all who put this together. Only a few things don't work as before (Comics by Arcamax and Netflix) but nothing major for me. I love having USB gamepad support now.

Anyway to move the combined bar to the top of the page? Mine's at the bottom and I don't see how to move it - though the theme changer's snapshot shows it at the top.

Again, thanks to everyone who has helped/prodded/cursed this whole process ;-)

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »

Finally got around to upgrading my XL with BuBu's instructions - thanks to all who put this together. Only a few things don't work as before (Comics by Arcamax and Netflix) but nothing major for me. I love having USB gamepad support now.
Net Flix is working on my XL. I can't remember what I did to JColeman's first 0331 build to get it working and UPGRADED to the version in my instructions. I don't know about Comics though

Anyway to move the combined bar to the top of the page? Mine's at the bottom and I don't see how to move it - though the theme changer's snapshot shows it at the top.
I haven't found a way to do it either. I prefer my task bar at the top <where it belongs> also.
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »

???
Have an Issue....I would swear I found the answer here, but now I can't find it.
The other day I found that some folks had camera problems where the camera app worked just fine, but other apps could not detect it. There was a Samsung driver posted that corrected the problem.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Cheers,
BuBu

ghawkz

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »

Net Flix is working on my XL. I can't remember what I did to JColeman's first 0331 build to get it working and UPGRADED to the version in my instructions. I don't know about Comics though

Solved the Comics problem by finding another app - Comics Reader; better app in lots of ways. Now if I could get Netflix to work

daldude

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that this mod runs the battery down much faster then the 0331 image? I had the earlier version of this and it had very short battery life and this latest version has the same problem. My battery is at 80% and has only been running for 51 minutes with the bluetooth audio playing audio and even without the bluetooth being enabled the previous version seemed to run the battery down fast.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:15:21 PM by daldude »

hairface

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

I am running CM10 and netflix 1.8.1 works
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74322810/Netflix-Black-RotationMod-v1.8.1.apk

Hope it helps.

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that this mod runs the battery down much faster then the 0331 image? I had the earlier version of this and it had very short battery life and this latest version has the same problem. My battery is at 80% and has only been running for 51 minutes with the bluetooth audio playing audio and even without the bluetooth being enabled the previous version seemed to run the battery down fast.

Yup, 0331 is much faster, but has it's own issues. Although much more stable, it doesn't like App Hogs like myself.
Bluetooth is a POWER HOG. PERIOD. People with BT Keyboards, mice, etc, no matter the tablet all say the same thing. Turn on BT and watch your battery quickly dying.
So I don't think it's your build or hardware.

BTW, My old Moto Razar Cell Phone...2 Hr yabber time with Blue tooth Headset. 10 Hour yabber time with wired headset.
Even with my souped up case and batteries for Airpad, I can watch them draining when I have BT turned on. The more devices that are BT attached the faster the drain!

Cheers,
BuBu
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:11:41 PM by BuBuSpidecky »
Cheers,
BuBu

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »

Cheers,
BuBu

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »

That's good list that I used in the past.  I picked visual land for $70 from newegg... wally world has it for under $89 (comes with case, easy 90 day return policy, 1 year warranty)    512K memory, single core is very annoying with ICS 4.0 for intense apps like browser/realtor/pulse etc.  Okay for angry birds or dedicated alarm console panel.  Time to move on and dump it on ebay I guess.

Hi All;
Just surfin and found this...  http://ployermomo9.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/ive-ordered-my-first-android-tablet/#more-4

Hmmm

Cheers,
BuBu
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:58:31 AM by pseeker »

ghawkz

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »

I am running CM10 and netflix 1.8.1 works
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74322810/Netflix-Black-RotationMod-v1.8.1.apk

Hope it helps.

H

I tried this and it works! I'm running CM9. It still stops and buffers but that may be my network here. Previously it would just go back to the Home screen so this is MUCH better!

ghawkz

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »

Okay, I'm obviously missing something. Running CM9 and trying to get CWM on my tablet. I follow the instructions included in the package but it doesn't seem to load and never reboots into recovery mode. What am I missing?

hairface

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »

try powering off, hitting reset then do the vol- and pwr thing.

H
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.