Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: System Recommendations?  (Read 1574 times)

Bauerlein44

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
System Recommendations?
« on: November 23, 2012, 04:31:22 PM »

Kinda new to this whole home automation deal.  I have alot of X10 devices that I want to use. I have an XBT-IIR from JV Engineering on the way. I want to incorporate my alarm system into whatever home automation system I decide on., And I want to be able to manage all of this from my computer and also from the internet. My question is
    What do you recommend I get as far as an interface, etc. What equipment and software should I get to make this all happen. I'm kind of thinking right now that I want my home to be a combination of X10 for powerline and Z-Wave for wireless. I am open for suggestions and thoughts. Thanks.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: System Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

Kinda new to this whole home automation deal.  I have alot of X10 devices that I want to use. I have an XBT-IIR from JV Engineering on the way. I want to incorporate my alarm system into whatever home automation system I decide on., And I want to be able to manage all of this from my computer and also from the internet. My question is
    What do you recommend I get as far as an interface, etc. What equipment and software should I get to make this all happen. I'm kind of thinking right now that I want my home to be a combination of X10 for powerline and Z-Wave for wireless. I am open for suggestions and thoughts. Thanks.

I currently run x10 and zwave.  I am using Ihouse it is freeware

Check it out at ihousehomeautomation.com  there are some cool new adds coming down the line in the near future that are in the alpha stages now

>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.