Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)  (Read 123423 times)

joefran

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2017, 11:09:07 AM »

Canot get the HA controll panel to come up say local host page can not be found. The Alex ten program seems to be working fine but alex can not find device could you give some help to touble shoot.

Windows ten machine
static IP
port 80 used by a camera
chaneged port to 2401
What setting do I need to open port in my router

Thank
Joe

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2017, 02:25:51 PM »

Since you change the port # you need to type localhost:2401 for the HA-Bridge to display in your Edge browser Don't use IE.

If Alexa can't see your devices the issue, 9 out of 10 times is a firewall rule and usually related to java. When you installed Java if you only allowed it to have private access that is the issue.
As I stated before I have setup a section for Alex10 on my forum this includes help with the HA-Bridge.
http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?board=95.0
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:01:18 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2017, 03:21:12 PM »

When you installed Java if you only allowed it to have private access that is the issue.

Since Java is responsible for some 85% of security problems, private access is probably not much of an issue for hackers. ::)
https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA13-064A
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Evolution-of-Java-Security-Vulnerabilities-from-1996-to-2013-339735.shtml

So Jeff Bezos (one of the world's 8 richest people) is trusting future Amazon profits to Larry Ellison (another of the world's 8 richest & #1 a**hole in the universe). What could possibly go wrong?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/world/eight-richest-wealth-oxfam.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:13:26 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »

Yesterday morning Alexa was responding and controlling light. However in the evening it started saying," light not responding, check to see if power is connected". I could control lights with HA-bridge, All devices were listed on Alexa. From past experience, I knew that Java had to be completely reinstalled with firewall off, de register Alexa and re register Alexa. So now this morning Alexa is still controlling lights.
This is the second/ third time it has happened. No clue to the cause. Nothing was added or removed from PC Running Alex10 and Alexa. Any ideas?

I use X10 commander on my iPhone and ipad also use AHP smartphone, to control lights. But then to see the results., I have to turn camera app.

This morning decided to put Alexa near camera with two way audio. Now I can hear Alexa 's response and see the results at the same time. So now I can talk to Alexa from anywhere.  :)%

If Alexa could run AHP macros  then I could turn Xp pro PC off and remove some apps, like x10 commander and AHP smartphone off my iPhone.

Am sure some of you must have tried to do what I want to, so please do share your experiences and success stories. I also like to control   All lights with one command. I have read about it but am not sure how am going to add all lights under one entry on Alex 10. Please do guide me. Thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »

The fact that your losing Alexa control (communication with the bridge) makes me think maybe you have your PC going to sleep (hibernate mode)
You might check the HA-Bridge site to see if this issue has been reported.
This morning decided to put Alexa near camera with two way audio. Now I can hear Alexa 's response and see the results at the same time. So now I can talk to Alexa from anywhere. 
Awesome! Nice thinking outside the box! ;)

If Alexa could run AHP macros  then I could turn Xp pro PC off and remove some apps, like x10 commander and AHP smartphone off my iPhone.
It can trigger AHP macros if they reside in the cm15 or AHP is on the PC that Alex10 is on.
Alexa fires of several of my AHP macros and even PCC user commands using the HA-Bridge and Alex10.
I can control my IP cameras with Alexa.
I get told when a door or window is opened. (this is PCC talking threw the Dot , triggered from a AHP macro)
I turn all my lights off with a single "Alexa All lights off" command.
I can turn macro flags on/off
I can run my good night (AHP) macro
Since sending security commands isn't possible I can't trigger any security macros. However I have to admit I haven't played with that aspect very much.
Since Alex10 only creates On/Off/Dim scripts and  HA-Bridge can only send those, your macros must be triggered from one of those in order for Alexa to trigger them

I've not tested running the HA-Bridge from the internet but it should be possible with setting up port forwarding in your router.
You'd have to experiment with browsers . My old Android browser doesn't display HA-Bridge options just like Windows IE.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »

I have read about it but am not sure how am going to add all lights under one entry on Alex 10. Please do guide me. Thanks.
I posted in my forum a walk through thread with pics:
http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?topic=1061.msg6306#msg6306
You can reply in that thread as to where your getting stuck and hopefully I can clear up any confusion ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:02:13 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2017, 08:59:12 AM »

It can trigger AHP macros if they reside in the cm15 or AHP is on the PC that Alex10 is on.
Alexa fires of several of my AHP macros and even PCC user commands using the HA-Bridge and Alex10.

Most of macros are on cm15 and will try those latter today. But how about the ones that need PC?
Door and window sensors are on PC and I use them to inform me if any is opened. Before I used to get and email from AHP but now no email. Can you suggest how I can restart getting email warning?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »

Alexa can trigger AHP macros that require a PC.
For these to work AHP must be installed on the PC that has Alex10 and the HA-Bridge. Or AHP must be running on anther PC with a interface so it can see the trigger signals.

Door and window sensors are on PC and I use them to inform me if any is opened. Before I used to get and email from AHP but now no email. Can you suggest how I can restart getting email warning?
That is a question for the Onalert Plugin
Ask it there http://forums.x10.com/index.php?board=95.0
or look at this thread: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=23376.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:15:36 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »

"Alexa can trigger AHP macros that require a PC.
For these to work AHP must be installed on the PC that has Alex10 and the HA-Bridge. Or AHP must be running on anther PC with a interface so it can see the trigger signals".

I have two PCs running with two separate CM15As.  One os is XP pro and AHP pro. Second one has windows 10 home Alex10 and no Ahp.
what sort of interface is needed between two PCs?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »

If each PC has a CM15 then you should be OK, However you need to be aware of the issues running 2 Cm15As
I know there are a few threads dedicated to this but you'll need to do a search.
I believe you would set the one running Alex10 to send RF  so all your batch files would need to be edited if you have them setup to send PLC.
I'm unaware of how you have both configured now, usually with 2 Cm15As one is set to certain house codes different then the other. ??? ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »

Both CM15A are set to different HC. one to"A" and other to "L".
All macros, in my setup, are triggered by a dummy switch. This morning, added the switches to Alex 10. tried first with RF and then PLC. It worked one/twice from the bridge but not all lights. For instance:
All Kitchen HC = L2   controls 5 lights. only one would come on and  none would turn off.
  Same results with Alexa. Gave up after spending few hours. Back to original setup.

Had AHP PC with CM15A set to "L"  running and I could see,while using HA-Bridge or Alexa, that the divices/macros being turned on/off but most of the time lights did not come on/off.

Am tired now so will do some more testing after few days break.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »

Using 2 cm15a in a setup will require a bit more work. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »

yesterday, after posting, decided to turn off Alex 10, HA-bridge and Alexa. reboot PC. That was a big mistake that now I know.
 And also something to think about.
This morning started Alex 10, bridge and Alexa. All devices were listed on bridge but offline on Alexa.
Reinitialized bridge, asked Alexa to rediscover devices a few times. No Luck. So had to Start the process  all over again as described in earlier posts. So now am back in business.
What mistake I made can actually also happen when power is lost or PC is rebooted by some update. So the question is HOW CAN THIS LOSS BE PREVENTED? Here are my thoughts:
1. PC must restart on its own and load up all APPS, including HA-bridge and Alexa, without any body entering any password or code.
2. Jave must restart and pass through firewall.
3. devices must not go offline. Otherwise Alexa has to be unregistered and re registered. Extra work if PC is wire connected and no wi fi.
That is only way, i think, Alexa can be useful with AHP. unless of course if some thing not installed on my PC that is cause of all this.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 11:20:01 AM »

I can't duplicate the issue your having. ???
Though I'm the only user on this PC and I'm set to auto sign in.
Do you have Alex10 Auto starting? If so are you using a shortcut in the start up folder or selecting auto start from alex10 or both?
If you don't have Alex10 auto starting, how are you starting the bridge after a power outage?
What Java are you restarting? This is a service and should be set to auto start.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 12:37:11 PM »

This is what happens when power is restored. I just did that to give accurate account.
PC starts. I have to enter PIN. Loads Alex 10 and bridge. Also loads team Viewer, which I close before opening bridge. Opened bridge. No devices listed. Opened Alexa. All devices listed but offline.
Closed Alexa, Alex 10 and bridge. Restarted Alex 10 and Bridge. No devices listed on bridge. Re initialized bridge few times still no device.

Alex 10 is not listed in startup. its settings are what you suggested with installation. I have not changed port. It is still 80. I open bridge by its IP:80. PC has a fixed IP. Java 8.2 is installed and it is allowed through windows firewall on "all". There are four files of Java that are listed in firewall and they all have "ALL" access. I uninstall and reinstall Jave other wise bridge lists no devices. I did turned off windows defender before restarting Alex 10 as admin.

Now I'll go back and redo all, including unregistered  and re-registering ALexa to get it working again. We have to find solution to this. If you like I can give you remote access to this PC to do it yourself.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.