Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?  (Read 24797 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »

The owner has gone to China on several occasions for the WM100 as well as other projects.
The story of your wife interpreting Chinese leads me to think the Authinx owner needs someone to do that for himIf he doesn't already.
The software issue communication is mostly done by phone. However the owner has made some trips over this.
Maybe with enough software frustration Authinx will put their foot down and demand the Protocol no mater what it takes. ::) :'

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »

Just updated my Android app to 2.0.09. Can anyone provide specifics on what changed?  Thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2018, 05:22:20 PM »

It appears the 2.0.0.8 version was the test app I was running. The difference is the 90 min off set and no display of the actual dusk/dawn times.
2.0.0.9 brings the Android app in line with the IOS version. the Junior developer uploaded the wrong build to the app store originally apparently.( that explains why I saw no difference) ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:30 PM »

Thanks.  Wish they had left the times in there, and added to the iOS app.  Now, I have to look at the log file (in arrears) if I want to know, but that’s broken!  Alas.

Still can’t figure out why the offsets change to 15 min increments after 30. Feature?  Oversight?  Coding/UI limitation?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »

Still can’t figure out why the offsets change to 15 min increments after 30. Feature?  Oversight?  Coding/UI limitation?
In experienced programmer?
Authinx can't figure this out either. Sometimes you have to hold some ones hand or stand over their shoulder to get things done wright. B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

VinRin57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »

TM- this may need to be moved to Dusk/Dawn thread...
But after waiting and waiting for the update to correct Dawn / Dusk .. Drum roll for 2 day results:
Central NJ: Dawn 5:35am- time off 6am, 6:01 am. Dusk 8:30pm - time on 8:02pm, 8:01pm.  Bravo! 30 minutes off...

Why not do the EXACT and let the user decide offset?  Timer function is looking to be more manageable.. my .02 from a cranky old man.
 B:(

VinRin57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLD ON!  I just checked something out - not Dusk/Dawn but Sunset/Sunrise.. Survey says...

Central NJ: Sunset- 7:59pm- Lights on 8:02am, 8:01pm.  Sunrise - 6:04am- Lights off 6:00am, 6:01 am.

Do we see a pattern here??????????
Are we asking the programmer Dawn/Dusk or Sunrise/Sunset???
 -:)

ceedee

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2018, 10:02:33 PM »

I’ve always assumed it was S/S, because the values are calculated; not a result of sensors in X10 motion detectors. My times correspond to S/S in my area.  I use the offsets to calculate my own unofficial D/D.  At one time, I once had a motion flood turn on my lights, and its light sensor could be adjusted to react closer to actually dusk and dawn times.

I highly doubt that the programmer is calculating or sourcing actual D/D numbers.  To your point, the D/D nomenclature should be archived on the WM100.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:05:51 PM by ceedee »

ceedee

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »

So, does anyone know if new releases of app and firmware are in the works?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2018, 02:58:57 AM »

There will always be a software or firmware update in the pipeline until Authinix cans the developer.
The speed at which we see those materialize, is as we have seen, not a speedy one. B:(
There is so much this controller is capable of, sadly I doubt I'll ever see it using its full potential.
The IOS sycn issue is still present I'm told, and the issue with timers still has not been fully fixed >*<
There is a large list of user requested adds which haven't even been looked at yet. ::) :'

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2018, 07:54:53 AM »

There will always be a software or firmware update in the pipeline until Authinix cans the developer.
The speed at which we see those materialize, is as we have seen, not a speedy one. B:(
There is so much this controller is capable of, sadly I doubt I'll ever see it using its full potential.
The IOS sycn issue is still present I'm told, and the issue with timers still has not been fully fixed >*<
There is a large list of user requested adds which haven't even been looked at yet. ::) :'

At this point, I’d be somewhat satisfied if the product performance met the marketing feature list.   Then, we can think about adding new stuff. The iOS sync bug is a big issue for me.  If the timers are still broken, that’s right up there too.

I just get the feeling that we'll be talking about these issues a year from now.

Alas...

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »

I just get the feeling that we'll be talking about these issues a year from now.
H-m-m-m. You're new here aren't you?  That would explain your outlandish optimism.   rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2018, 05:27:18 PM »

H-m-m-m. You're new here aren't you?  That would explain your outlandish optimism.   rofl

Chinese proverb................Man who pisses in wind gets his own back.... :'(

I'm assuming that owner and developer are one and the same person so do the problems lie there or with the manufacturer in China. Owner places order and China manufacture to order. Would I be missing something else in the supply chain here.

I am not aware of too many other X10 forums on the Web so maybe the owner/developer could take the opportunity to address WM100 users on this forum directly instead of leaking information through 3rd parties via Chinese whispers (pardon the pun)

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2018, 05:41:38 PM »

I'm assuming that owner and developer are one and the same person so do the problems lie there or with the manufacturer in China. Owner places order and China manufacture to order. Would I be missing something else in the supply chain here.
See... http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28678.0

Reading between the lines, the manufacturer seems to be the same one used by X10WTI and they either supply or contract with the developer. I suspect Authinx is nearly as much on the outside looking in as are the X10 users you'll encounter here. IOW, I would not expect much improvement.

Since the introduction of the CM15A, users have had very little input into or influence on firmware features.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:25:12 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2018, 09:00:47 PM »

See... http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28678.0

Reading between the lines, the manufacturer seems to be the same one used by X10WTI and they either supply or contract with the developer. I suspect Authinx is nearly as much on the outside looking in as are the X10 users you'll encounter here. IOW, I would not expect much improvement.

Since the introduction of the CM15A, users have had very little input into or influence on firmware features.

I have to admit that I hadn't read that post before.

After four years it's long on aspiration and short on delivery. Four years is a lifetime in technology terms.

The wifi module they mention is obviously the WM100. Basically it's a wireless ota remote control that depends on a mobile app to control the X10 devices which is routed through 3rd party servers. Am I correct in this assumption. Is this the best they can come up with after four years. Can its functionality, or lack of justify its cost.

I have a gut feeling Authinx have hit a brick wall development wise. The advantage of not leaving a PC running 24/7 has all but evaporated with the introduction of the single board computer. In fact I'd imagine a single board computer consumes less electricity than a WM100 and of course it's gives the user a lot more options home automation wise coupled with an X10 controller.

I imagine a single board computer coupled with an improved CM15 would give the user more bang for their buck.

If Authinx listen to and respect the opinions of X10 users on this forum they might find they are travelling in the wrong direction and take corrective action before its too late for them. Not being a WM100 owner I'm purely commenting from the feedback I've read on recent posts and users perceived disappointment with the whole affair.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.