Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?  (Read 24806 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2018, 08:01:11 PM »

The wijit modules and app is what the factory put together while developing the WM100 the modules are one way RF modules the hub takes the wifi and sends RF to the modules for on or off there is no dim function and they are not X10. I was sent a sample package and did post a review of these on this forum. It would make sence that a simular board is used in that hub. When I get a chance I'll compare the two daughter boards.
I believe these were produced to offset cost of the WM100 development. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29837.msg168956#msg168956
The WM100 daughterboard has WM100_V1.1 on it so I doubt it's also used in the Wijit.
No not that board but most likely every simular, remember the Wijits came out at least 2 months before the first WM100.
My first proto type with this daughter board has no identification markings on it but it has one less pin (no PLC monitor pin)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:03:04 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2018, 08:09:20 PM »

I would never choose X10 if I was starting from scratch.  I just can’t see a marketing plan that shows X10 market share increasing.  No way to cover additional investment costs.
X10 most likely wouldn't be my first choice either if I were to start from scratch, however it continues to be sold to first time home automation users.
The fact that so many consider it is it has been arround for so long and stood the test of time.
The web is full of x10 trouble shooting tips and ways to improve reliability.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »

I would never choose X10 if I was starting from scratch.  I just can’t see a marketing plan that shows X10 market share increasing.  No way to cover additional investment costs.
X10 most likely wouldn't be my first choice either if I were to start from scratch, however it continues to be sold to first time home automation users.
The fact that so many consider it is it has been arround for so long and stood the test of time.
The web is full of x10 trouble shooting tips and ways to improve reliability.

I agree with you that it’s rock-solid. It’s simple, easy to install, and it just works. However, the WM100 has to also be feature-rich to keep up with the competition. It’s not quite there yet. Fingers crossed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2018, 09:49:54 PM »

I agree with you that it’s rock-solid. It’s simple, easy to install, and it just works. However, the WM100 has to also be feature-rich to keep up with the competition. It’s not quite there yet. Fingers crossed.
Many here and at Authinx are disappointed and frustrated with the slow progress of the apps development.
90% of what end users are looking for are possible with this module given a workable app.
Hopefully Authinx can light a fire under the developer and they get moving! AHP took years to get the options it has however in the begining it was basic too. In the early stages of AHPs developement we got updates almost weekly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »

And sometimes it's better to cut bait and run.

You can light a fire all you want. Many years ago our local radio station burned to the ground. A local DJ was eating cake in the control room and still on the air.  He didn't want to leave the building till he finished the cake and the transmitter fried.

Not sure if that was dedication to his craft, or dedication to his food, but neither was a good excuse to risk what he did.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2018, 01:38:43 PM »

This 25mm x 30mm version of the D1 mini Pro would fit but its ideal mate would be with Jeff's XTB-232.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077VMG7Z2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2018, 03:31:44 PM »

And sometimes it's better to cut bait and run.

Authinx did consider this prior to the release but they were to far into it by then.
I'm not sure how much of the cost they have recouped but it may be worth a second look. ::) :'
I've been trying to get some feed back on where the development of the apps stand but I believe the guy at Authinx handling this may be on holidays. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:40 PM »

I've just been informed a new update should be released by weeks end.
However we've been told that before B:(
Seems the factory and developer felt they weren't responsible for bugs fixes and updates  :o
Not sure who they expected to do this as the protocol & app code isn't available to anyone else. B:(
Authinx thinks they have finally come to the understanding that bug fixes and updates are part of the item and they can't just leave it as is.

This is completely new to them as they're just use to producing the hardware.
They are also saying the hardware doesn't have the capability to do a lot of the things the owner wishes added which I think is an excuse to create another (Pro) unit.
In any case here is what we can expect to see with the new apps update this time arround.

-Fixed syncing issues between the WM100 and some iphones/ipads
-Added non-DST options to Dusk/Dawn Timers
-Increased Dawn/Dusk offsets to 5 minute increments (up to a max of 90 minutes)
I suspect this means the offsets will all be in 5 min increments
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »

If they see no need to maintain the software, they should dump it. That's my logic. Give it to authinex.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »

If they see no need to maintain the software, they should dump it. That's my logic. Give it to authinex.
I told the owner the factory and developer we not living up to the original agreement by stating the hardware couldn't do what was being asked of it.
It was never Authinx's intention to create a glorified remote with simple timer functions.

If the hardware can't do what is being asked now there is no need for Authinx to have the protocol, this is a dead end device.
They'd be better off updating the CM15A with stronger PLC, RF and drop in a wifi chip or option for a drop in SBC.
The development time could be cut by half at least. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »

It annoys me that they still call it "dusk/dawn".
 Legacy nomenclature, I guess.

As I've mentioned before, having the product meet the spec sheet is not fixing bugs. It's following thru on a commitment. Legal folks call it "merchantability."  Consumers should expect a product to to what the spec says it should do.

A "pro?". Really?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »

It annoys me that they still call it "dusk/dawn".
what they call it makes no difference to me as long as it works, the offsets make up for the difference.
As I've mentioned before, having the product meet the spec sheet is not fixing bugs. It's following thru on a commitment. Legal folks call it "merchantability."  Consumers should expect a product to to what the spec says it should do.
exactly I call it false advertising.
A "pro?". Really?
Yep, however this had always been Authinxs intention expanding to all 256 possible house code unit code combinations and RF ability.
A Pro Unit is what Authinx original intended for "Power users" what ever that is  :o My guess is its anyone that uses more the 3 house codes and RF, however I hope that is not where the "Power user" idea stops. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2018, 05:09:21 PM »

One of my mentors used to say, "Set modest goals, and achieve them!". Yup.

ceedee

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »

Tuicemen,
Does the sync fix mean I can get a log file on my iPad?  Will Android syncing be fixed too?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2018, 05:25:15 PM »

Tuicemen,
Does the sync fix mean I can get a log file on my iPad?  Will Android syncing be fixed too?
I wish I could say a definite Yes, but I never got a chance to test this upcoming update. :(

To be honest after the last update boondoggle I wouldn't expect much. I just hope I'm wrong on that point. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.