Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Server Outage Log  (Read 27504 times)

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Server Outage Log
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2022, 07:30:37 PM »

Seems that the X10 module is out of stock and is also priced much higher.

When I asked about that I was told that they've reserved a supply for bundling with the P2/G2.  But you cannot order the PLM alone.

Sorry, but nope!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2022, 07:45:06 PM »

When I asked about that I was told that they've reserved a supply for bundling with the P2/G2.  But you cannot order the PLM alone.

Sorry, but nope!
You tried to order?

brobin

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2022, 07:59:20 PM »

Sorry, but nope!

I just spoke to Sammy in Sales at Smartenit (say that 3 times quickly!).  She says that every order placed for a P2 or G2 with a PLM WILL ship as they have plenty for the bundle.  As I said above, you cannot order the PLM individually.  She said one guy (you?) called to place an order for just the PLM and was told it is not available.

But to be clear, they DO have the PLMs available when bundled with the P2 and G2 hubs.  She said she's been very busy with orders this week!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:01:51 PM by brobin »

gkamieneski

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2022, 08:46:32 PM »

Perhaps a call is required. I put the hub in my cart and then it would not let me add the X10 USB.

brobin

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2022, 08:55:22 PM »

Perhaps a call is required. I put the hub in my cart and then it would not let me add the X10 USB.

I just tried it and it works but it sounds like you added the hub and the PLM as separate items rather than ordering the bundle.

As mentioned in my post above:
Go to:  https://smartenit.com/shop/zigbee-insteon-x10-multi-protocol-gateway-hub/
BEFORE you add it to the cart click on CHOOSE AN OPTION above and to the right of the 'Add to Cart' button and select
'Add Insteon/X10 with powerline only PLM' and the price will change to $74.99 and then you can click 'Add to Cart' and complete your order.

You will have only one item in your cart as it is a bundle.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 06:54:15 AM by brobin »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2022, 10:26:38 PM »

Guys before you consider an alternative controller do your homework. If you check back on the whole subject of the WM100 on the forum one underlying theme jumps out at you.....the hard sell. There’s been enough written here about the dangers of relying on 3rd party remote servers to control your home automation when clearly it can all be done locally and successfully with any of the old school X10 controllers, CM11, CM15 and CM19 and all done locally of course. Do not get roped into another white elephant. Research and research again and make your own mind up what’s best for you.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2022, 06:26:44 AM »

First brobin.

I must be in a early fog. I somehow added my reply to your message. I did remove the added stuff.

I also tried the options tab and as you said it would go through no problem.

brobin

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2022, 06:32:19 AM »

Guys before you consider an alternative controller do your homework. If you check back on the whole subject of the WM100 on the forum one underlying theme jumps out at you.....the hard sell. There’s been enough written here about the dangers of relying on 3rd party remote servers to control your home automation when clearly it can all be done locally and successfully with any of the old school X10 controllers, CM11, CM15 and CM19 and all done locally of course. Do not get roped into another white elephant. Research and research again and make your own mind up what’s best for you.

@petera  I assume you're refering to my frequent recommendation for the P2 as "...the hard sell."  Let me assure you that I have nothing to sell and receive nothing for recommending it.  I'm simply a customer who has used the product for several years and been satisfied with it.  I originally purchased it specifically for use as a bridge to operate X10 devices with Alexa and found other uses for it as time went on.  After seeing complaints here about the WM100's shortcomings, I have recommended it in response to those looking for options.  The P2 relies on a remote server to support the app but the P2 itself still runs schedules and keeps time independently.

In almost 40 years of using X10 I have always looked for ways to improve the usefulness and reliability of my system as well as freely share the results of those efforts and experiences when and where appropriate.  I have no interest in "roping" anybody into anything and certainly agree that folks should make up their own mind as to what's best for them. 

radioguy1007

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2022, 07:10:54 AM »

Finally!

UPDATE 3: 1/7/22 5:50AM CST:
Our servers have been restored.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2022, 07:27:59 AM »

For anyone that reset thier WM100, I was asked to post this link https://www.x10.com/pages/wm100-setup?_pos=2&_sid=a62ad94de&_ss=r to help get you backup and running.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cafelizardo

Re: Server Outage Log - working again
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2022, 08:30:53 PM »

Just wanted to say that my X10 hub is working again.  Following the instructions on recovery we could not do a recovery after soft start.  Kept getting a failed app data transfer.  Had to do a factory reset but it's working now.  Had to re-enter all of the devices which is a pain but it's up and working again today.  Will check on my mom's house on Sunday.

gkamieneski

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2022, 09:58:58 PM »

Fortunately mine came back up with the soft reset, so I was thankful to not have to rebuild everything. I will say that it crashed a handful of times before it finally completed the task, but this is commonly how it behaves when I try to sync or download the activity log anyway.  Sometimes, it takes 10 requests before it finally completes the task. I suspect some users will have given up the multiple tries required and will simply do a hard reset.

I have never been able to diagnose what causes the hiccups.

gvodvarka

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2022, 04:12:09 PM »

Mine is back down again!  Gave it a couple hours still not working.  Gary

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2022, 04:20:23 PM »

Might be something local, mine's up and has been since server move....

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2022, 05:25:25 PM »

Might be something local, mine's up and has been since server move....
Checking the server is as simple as clicking the Check the WM100 server status here link at top of the page.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.