Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: noise, noise, noise  (Read 6938 times)

gadgetboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: noise, noise, noise
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2024, 09:33:03 AM »

Thanks for the info. I tried adding one in a junction box, but as I was feeding multiple fixtures off one swithch I thought I could improve the filtering by installing a choke on each fixture instead of one choke feeding all 5. Also less chance of overloading the choke.

glacier991

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2024, 11:14:59 PM »

Hang in there, lots of folks here to help who want you succeed. It is puzzling I admit.

I generally see or hear  about devices just not responding, not responding when they should not.

You will get this figured out.

gadgetboy

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:11 AM »

Just a quick update.
I set up 4 of the six fixtures and then got sick, so no more up and down the ladders. The Switck (WS469) was still not working on the LEDs but thought it would need to wait until I wasable to agin ascend the ladder. Then I did my customary re-install and update of both RPi and HG and VOILA!!! everything works. It may be the change of seasons or something my neighbors stopped doing in their property but now it works. Once I can once again trust my legs to take on the ladder, I will finish the upgrade and let you know about the changes in operation. I have, on occasion noticed improvements in function with updates in both RPi and HG so maybe this has happened again.

Dave

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 159
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 08:21:12 PM »

Glad to hear it's working!

gadgetboy

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2024, 10:09:41 AM »

Just a little more
As I reported earlier, the RPi has adapted to the new additions well. The LED tubes have functioned well with the addition of the individual filters and have not had any LED troubles since. As before, The air filter and the entranceway light have switched codes have switched places, but a moment at the keyboard and changing an eldery appliance module have cleared that up. We are once again off on a vacation so a complete ntework shutdown will give this sweet little RPi a well deserved rest. We will be travelling over 2,000 miles each way so its a good thing something will be resting. Better half is once again speaking to me so all is right with the world.
Thank you to everyone who helped me get this all working.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 159
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2024, 10:22:49 AM »

That's great news.  I'm curious as to why you shut down your network when away.  Even when we used to have our ISP put us in vacation status, a very slow speed was still active so we could get notifications from sensors or control things.
Enjoy your vacation!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2024, 10:39:51 AM »

Those boards were designed to run 24/7 particularly when running as a server. In fact the powering up/down process is more likely to cause instability to the file system particularly when running off an SD card. A server never needs to be regularly restarted/rebooted if the server is setup correctly. Maintenance is generally the only time that procedure needs to be carried out.

gadgetboy

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2024, 09:11:49 PM »

My RPi is on almost all the time except reboots after updates but two years ago we had an unknown happening that cooked our Pi and CM15 so in response I do a total network shutdown. I know it can happen when we are here, but if it does I prefer to be here and witness it happening instead of returning and ending up spending days scratching my head and saying "Whut waz dat!" I know it could still happen, but I would prefer to witness it.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.