Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: want to switch between cameras  (Read 12129 times)

GMBAL4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: want to switch between cameras
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 01:01:14 PM »

WOW it worked for 1 second it never did this before it will stay show the remote cam for as long as I want but when I switch to the floodcam it stays on for 1 second then I get static .........what could cause this??

GMBAL4

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 02:37:42 PM »

okay I see that the TM 751 will switch the camera by itself then you can see the video feed if I switch the camera myself I can only see one camera and a split second with the other camera I thought there was something wrong with camera feed or something . How can I get the tm751 to allow me to switch myself and get both feeds to work?? I did not know that the tm751 will switch by it self??

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 02:44:23 PM »

I think we have found out what your problem is. The SC15A is a wired camera  sending  video through a VT30 Video Sender correct to a VR30 receiver? The sender as you have seen does not have an addressable power supply so you will not be able to use it and powerline switched Floodcams together. As there is no way to switch the VT30 on and off so only one camera is transmitting to the receiver at any one time.
My thoughts are when you flip the Floodcam off with the remote through the TM751 you then see the video from the SC15A. When the Floodcam returns to the on position it and the VT30s signals clobber each other and you see nothing visable.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:01:51 PM by Brian H »

GMBAL4

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 02:59:11 PM »

I think we have found out what your problem is. The SC15A is a wired camera and you are trying to send video through a VT30 Video Sender correct? The sender as you have seen does not have an addressable power supply so you will not be able to use it and powerline switched Floodcams together. As there is no way to switch the VT30 on and off so only one camera is transmitting to the receiver at any one time.

Yes I have realized that the camera that I have is a wired model so I will order more cameras ASAP how many can I use on the TM751 I would like to use a total of 4 and then order the software for internet monitoring.
 Hey guys thanks for your help stick around I`m sure I will need ya again

Gabe

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 03:03:43 PM »

4 total cameras in one group as I believe we said earlier. I have no software experience so it maybe able to do more through an RF interface designed for it. Hope another user with more that 4 can add data for you.

GMBAL4

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 03:42:25 PM »

Hey thanks for all the help I`m on Ebay now wanting to get some cameras how long has the XCAM2 been released I see a set on the bay now and the seller says he has had the cameras for about a year?? I just don`t want to get some older cameras that have the slow start up time the XCAM 2 have a faster star up time.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 05:34:54 PM »

GMBAL4  you can still use you wired cam in your setup Get a appliance module and plug the cams/videosenders power supply into that  then you can address the cam I do that with mine. Problem you may have from time to time is you have to actually turn that cam off switching to the next cam doesn't always turn off the video sender with the wired cam.
As for getting cams from E-Bay I'd get new ones(just me) cams will etch if they are left on to long causing a ghost image to appear when focused on something new. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 09:45:10 AM »

GMBAL4 could also plug the VT30 video sender into the TM751. Then the SC15A would switch on-off on unit code 1, make sure the floodcam is addressed to 2,3, or 4.
Might have to issue a 1 off to turn the SC15A off then a 2 on to view the floodcam.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.