Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 modules compatable with Radio Shack?  (Read 5168 times)

sk00ter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 modules compatable with Radio Shack?
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:32:15 AM »

Hello,

I purchased a Radio Shack Home Automation Starter kit catalog # 61-3000.  In the manual it doesn't specifically say x10 but I suspect it is.  What I'd like to know is if I can use x10 modules, such as appliance, lamp, socket rocket, with this Radio Shack system?  Radio Shack is discontinuing this system and right now they have some super prices on remaining modules.

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=home%20automation&origkw=home%20automation

Any info appreciated

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: x10 modules compatable with Radio Shack?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:29:24 AM »

While I've never seen a couple of the items, everything I recognize is X10 stuff.
Some of those prices are really good also. Better hurry they'll run out quickly. I had to go to two Radio Shacks a couple months ago to find a wall switch they were closing out then.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:00:19 AM »

Yes OEM from X10. I have used a few of the Appliance Modules in an X10 system. The Security Console 49-1000 is also an X10 but has issues with Powerhorn Sirens.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 11:53:10 AM »

While I've never seen a couple of the items, everything I recognize is X10 stuff.
Some of those prices are really good also. Better hurry they'll run out quickly. I had to go to two Radio Shacks a couple months ago to find a wall switch they were closing out then.

This is true. The manager at the local Radio Shack mentioned that RS is phasing out the entire Plug-N-Power line. The RS near me has no modules at all and only 1 PNP security unit.

I currently have several Lamp Modules from RS and both Active Home and Active Home Pro recognizes them as LM460's. Same for Appliance modules.

X10 built the entire Plug-N-Power line for Tandy (Radio Shack) the entire time they sold the line, so everything was 100% compatable.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Rock

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 05:13:01 PM »

I have used really old radio shack and BSR modules and switches for more than 25 years without problems.  And as everyone else stated, they were all made by X10.  Therefore, expect the modules and switches to work.

sk00ter

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 06:22:29 AM »

Thanks to all who replied.  Its appreciated very much.  Yes on Saturday I went to 5 different radio shacks and stocked up all the modules I'll be needing.

Thanks again!

Sk00ter

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.