Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343785 times)

hpdrifter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »

I use a motion sensor perimeter detection system. The problem has always been... how to determend "which" sensor was triggered. I use BVC (Bill's Voice Commander). Of course BVC allows me to Voice Control/Command my devices and AHP Macros... but it also allows me to have a clear voice announcement for alerts and warning. I have some YouTube Video that shows some of my setup.

here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apZF77tsZlI

...and this one is where the cameras automatically puts the video image of any trespasser on my TV (and more) plus it announces the warning OUTSIDE too.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkAwQ4KXkHA

Dave, my compute.....internet connection doesn't do youtube very well and I live with  a female that doesn't enjoy talking devices. I'd prefer to have a small buzzer that would wake me and have sorta "snooze" but to kill the buzzer and have the zone/unit code flashing.

BVC does sound interesting, but I have a hard enough just keeping AHP running properly.  I stil can't get it to email me with this dialup service, I haven't figured out how to "limit" my Activity Monitor to a couple hundred entries(it'll run to thousands), and various other small nuances.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 02:48:00 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

ultradianguy

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2009, 01:04:01 AM »

Add "Modules" for the Powerflash interface and the big red panic button.

Whenever you edit a previously installed security device (like a remote), even if you do nothing but change the label, it indicates that it has not been installed yet.

Atom21

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »

Add the avility to Arm or Dis-arm alarm system with the clik of one button via internet browser and/or logmein.com

Mariner

« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2009, 09:54:59 PM »

Just registered after using AHP with all add-ons for a couple of years. I am a multi-state registered engineer with many years of experience in computer hardware and software.

My AHP is working OK but after reviewing all the boards have the following comments/ideas/fixes that I have experienced:

1. Ability to define ALL hardware house codes and units (not internally defined)

2. Improve conflict checks by AHP and CM15A (aka, video conflicts)

3. Improve ability to quickly check all house code units are functioning

4. Ability to use rechargeable batteries in units and check charge level

5. Create a back-up Myhome.AHX file instead of user problem

6. Ability to confirm AHP e-mail macros work (and why not)

7. Correct keychain remote disarm function (latest version doesn't work), so I have to use my master key pad

8. Enable Myhouse website remote arm/disarm icon

9. Ability to remotely arm/disarm security system

10. Ability to redirect macro e-mail through different ISP

I hope the above are not duplications from other postings.

Thank you

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2009, 10:50:44 PM »

I would recommend not using MyHome.ahx for everything.  I have 16 different .ahx files for different times of the year.  Plus always back your .ahx files to separate media, it will save your system if the C:/ drive fails.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

sir_rob

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »

Fix the timer function to work with soft-start modules.  There are a number of us that have now confirmed this bug.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2010, 06:38:12 PM »

Fix the timer function to work with soft-start modules.  There are a number of us that have now confirmed this bug.

Use the LM14A for Lamp Modules, the AM14A for 2-Pin Appliance Modules and the AM15A for 3-pin Appliance Modules.

All are listed in AHP even though none has been made for over 10 years.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »

X10s official answer is use the LM15A.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SoftStart
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_Wall_Switches_and_Preset_Dim

Since they didn't change the X10 part numbers for Soft Start switches and lamp modules. AHP would have to have a manual choice for those modules. Same for the X10Pro part numbers.

It would be nice to get a real fix and not a work around.
I don't think there is a great chance of that happening, but we can still hope.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:46:57 PM by Brian H »

sir_rob

« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »

The work-around that I have employed is to use dummy appliance modules to turn my lights on with a timer, and then I use a 2nd timer that turns those lights on with a lamp module so that the dim/bright levels are correct.  X10's official answer is merely an admittance that there is a problem.  It does not provide a 100% working solution, and my work-around is hardly elegant.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2010, 10:06:48 PM »

X10s official answer is use the LM15A.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SoftStart
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_Wall_Switches_and_Preset_Dim

Since they didn't change the X10 part numbers for Soft Start switches and lamp modules. AHP would have to have a manual choice for those modules. Same for the X10Pro part numbers.

It would be nice to get a real fix and not a work around.
I don't think there is a great chance of that happening, but we can still hope.

X10 is full of BS.   AHP has all 3 of the two-way modules to the current buggy 3.271, a LM114A Lamp Module, and 2 two-way Appliance Modules a AM14A 2-pin and a AM15A 3 - pin.   X10 has not manufactured the 3 for at least 10 years,  nobody has them for sale, but they all properly control Soft Start modules. 

cactusjack99

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »

Why not a way to un-install plug-ins??  (you can edit them out of the plug-in file, but really!?  how elegant is that???)

And....... How bout x10 admit that myhouseonline is a boat anchor?  It never works, it never has worked, let's kill it off!!!!
That one bit of AHP is the most over hyped and under performing piece of SW ever known to mankind!!  Or..... put in enough servers to handle the load!!!!  hahahahahahahaahhahaah   rofl   I just had to add that,,,, sigh,,, I amuse myself sometimes.  hehe

2 work arounds to myhouse that do work, Radmin, and Logmein.com,,,, I'm sure there are others also.  But it would be so cool if AHP would change it up to allow one to view cameras from within AHP, just like the product description indicates.  My .02
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:53:29 PM by cactusjack99 »

elmo

« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »

• Trigger a macro using a defined module, not just an address.  If I change a device address now, then my "hard coded" macro trigger gets busted.  Just let me drag and drop a module for the trigger.  The app can pull the code from the module definition.
  • Allow definition of custom devices/modules.  I have a variety of existing switches and modules that are X-10 compatible, but AHP cannot control them very well.  Let me define what commands turn it on/off/dim/brighten.  Sell me on the total integration capability, not just the preferred product line.

ROBERTMCKINLEY2

« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »

MAKE THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS WORK

1. ONALERT

2.  AND IWATCHOUT.

NEITHER ON WORKS FOR ME.  IN FACT IWATCHOUT WHEN INSTALLED CRASHES MY OTHE X10 PROGRAMS.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2011, 09:38:25 PM »

OnAlert and Iwatchout do work!
However nothing is truely plug and play.
Try asking for help!
And avoid using all capital letters when posting!
It is considered yelling and frowned upon by many users here in the forum!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »

MAKE THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS WORK

1. ONALERT

2.  AND IWATCHOUT.

NEITHER ON WORKS FOR ME.  IN FACT IWATCHOUT WHEN INSTALLED CRASHES MY OTHE X10 PROGRAMS.

Boomer, you are talking to X10 users, not X10 Inc. X10 Inc, IF they regularly monitor the forum, almost never respond. You might try posting on the X10 facebook page. X10 will delete the post, but at least you will know that they read the post.

However, you might consider the fact that plenty of other users have gotten OnAlert and iWatchout to work properly...the problem might be at your end....so what have you done to troubleshoot so far?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.