Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343781 times)

bcondemi

Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »

Didn't miss anything! Same crappy hardware and software. These guys just pretend to listen and lead everyone on as if they will actually upgrade something... But never do.

thejfk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »

I would like to easily(drag and drop) arrange rooms and macros in the tree pane

RickerRemote

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2008, 02:48:17 AM »

Hurry! Hurry! Step right up and get your AHP X-10 Hardware - Software, Home Automation Control! AMAZING! Interface to Control modules, timers, motion activation functionality,  ALL THRU YOUR PC!
 “Once you've set your ActiveHome Pro home automation system to do what you want, you won't even have to think about it”  huh,huh,

Yeah, I bought into it, (bought being the key word here) after installing this product, my initial excitement of its advertised capabilities, (and now current disappointment in lack there of) has greatly diminished. Advertising promises such as “With Active Home Pro, Home Automation is easier than you ever thought possible” and “Using the software was the most fun I've had on a computer in a long time”  One is led to believe  ActiveHome Pro is a complete, automated program, one in which the average consumer, (whom without much former knowledge with home automation)  can install on one’s PC “software works with Drag-And-Drop simplicity”  can have a simple to use interface right out of the box. (Or at least include some means of a user’s manual which offers info describing HOW TO get more uses from AHP than switching a light off or on!
 Although after reading through this forum, it seems X-10 has fired all their software programming dept. and replaced them with the now expanded sales and gimmick departments.   Best of luck X-10, word does get around, sounds as if your longtime database losing faith. Perhaps it’s time to smell the Coffee……. The toast is already burnt,   

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2008, 06:12:25 AM »

.........One is led to believe  ActiveHome Pro is a complete, automated program, one in which the average consumer, (whom without much former knowledge with home automation)  can install on one’s PC “software works with Drag-And-Drop simplicity”  can have a simple to use interface right out of the box. (Or at least include some means of a user’s manual which offers info describing HOW TO get more uses from AHP than switching a light off or on!

Yeah... the ad's can give that impression... although they never really do say that.

Back in the day... when I was in retail sales... I found that I never needed to actually lie to a customer. All that I ever needed to do was be careful NOT to crush the customers dreams. I think X10 knows that too!

I've mentioned here at the forum many times (as have the other regulars) X10 is NOT "out of the box ready" or "plug-n-play". OK... now that I've crushed your dreams of a "no brain-er" automation setup.... here is the complete awful truth. It isn't the least bit hard to learn all you need to know to have great Home Automation. Actually.... learning to create my own unique Home Automation Setup..... has been a great joy! I've learned new things, meet some great people, and enjoy showing off my "NOT out of the box setup" every chance I get.

But maybe I am different than most people. For me... learning to ski, play golf, and swim was fun too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

RickerRemote

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »

heh,heh,  Yeah, I agree Dave, and thank you for your level headed, and helpful suggestions. I guess I was just feel in a bit discouraged at the time of writting, and after reading this thread a bit put off that X-10 (after starting the thread) had nothing to reply after all the input they had received from members...o'well, some browsing through these helpful threads of this forum, I am much happier, satisfied, knowledgeable, and seem to be making much progress with my setup!  Honestly, I had peeked back to this thread fully expecting to be no longer welcome for my (shall I say "Dis-ing" AHP)  (lol)  I would like to offer my appreciation   >!  to the many knowledgable members here such as yourself Dave &  for your time and willingness to help those like myself who just need a nudge and a point in the right direction!  thanks again,

HA Dave

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »

........I had peeked back to this thread fully expecting to be no longer welcome for my (shall I say "Dis-ing" AHP) 

Some of our most active and helpful members here... started out with a gripe/complaint. Actually... I don't know of any members who hunted down this forum... just to say "everything worked great".

Welcome to the forums!

As cool as Home Automation is... as far as a product (or products)... it's still just a niche market. There just isn't a large number of users (customers) out here. Even large software company's have problems creating a completely polished rock solid product. It makes my life easier to embrace AHP (and the CM15A) with the same spirit of adventurism and experimentation as I would say.... a Crystal radio kit.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:13:55 PM by Dave_x10_L »

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2008, 07:24:23 AM »

.... a Crystal radio kit.

Whoa Dave - some of these whippersnappers won't have a clue what you're talking about.  Some of 'em don't even know we used to change the TV channel by actually walking over to the TV (remember the 3-crystal-hammered Zenith remote?)

Jeez - I remember the basement and the work bench where I "tuned" that crystal radio...  Thanks for the memory!  >!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

HA Dave

« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »

Whoa Dave - some of these whippersnappers won't have a clue what you're talking about. 

Sorry... what I should have written was:

Even though X10 isn't a recently developed technology... it is a still only a niche market product. It may well be as completely "market ready" today as we'll ever see it.

PajamaGuy I remember Zenith's (sound operated non-eletronic) SPACE-COMMAND remote (the original clicker).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:24:46 AM by Dave_x10_L »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »

Some of 'em don't even know we used to change the TV channel by actually walking over to the TV

It was probably good that (at least in my neck of the woods) there were only 3 channels and one was french.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »

I had a summer intern student, who never heard the term "fine tune".    :'

Boy, am I old.   >*<
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »

Please Please Please!!!

I love how the AHP modules stay nice and organized. but for cryin' out loud, let us move them around the screen!
I like my modules down the left hand side of the screen. This way I can have a nice big square area of unused screen space for video.

As it is now, two rows across the top forces me to use a smaller video window if I am to maintain aspect ratio.

Good old AH could do this. While the modules could float around freely and would not snap to any grid, it was miles better
than AH Pro in this regard. I would just put my ATI video window right there in that big unused area "always on top" Faking
the iWatchOut video feature.

:Ron

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 12:33:55 PM by bitman »
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »

Whoa Dave - some of these whippersnappers won't have a clue what you're talking about. 

PajamaGuy I remember Zenith's (sound operated non-eletronic) SPACE-COMMAND remote (the original clicker).

YES!! The phone would ring or you jingle a key ring full of keys and the TV would mute, start changing channels, or turn off. And crystal radios were too fancy, I had a "cat whisker" razor blade radio, made from plans in "Boys Life". And then there was the Allied Radio "Knight Kit" short wave radio...wow, I wish I could go back.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »

.......... I had a "cat whisker" razor blade radio, made from plans in "Boys Life"....wow, I wish I could go back.

The radio is still available as a "kit" here:  http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3645

I also built a crystal radio as a child (with Dad's help). It really wasn't that long ago... barely half a century. But I was nearly consumed as a child with what was about to be.... the technologies of the future. Some of my YouTube favorites are homes of the future.

I really need to learn more about things electronic.

hpdrifter

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2009, 11:57:18 PM »

howdy all, been dabbling in this x10 stuff for a while now(months) and have an idea for a product.

It may have been suggested already, I haven't dug thru 8 pages of info.

But, wouldn't an ennunciator panel be nice; for instance, you have 5 or 6 motion detectors or sensors all set to say "D" house code.  The main unit would be set to "D" and you'd have 4,8,12, or 16 lights so numbered or able to put labels on them and when D3 went off, the light for 3 would light up and maybe have a little alarm(programmable for length of time on).

This would be for bedside or coffee table use.  I think you could probably use the DX7000 for this, but a non security device might be handy.  Of course, with ON Alert you could use the security modules as well.

HA Dave

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2009, 12:18:11 AM »

But, wouldn't an ennunciator panel be nice

I use a motion sensor perimeter detection system. The problem has always been... how to determend "which" sensor was triggered. I use BVC (Bill's Voice Commander). Of course BVC allows me to Voice Control/Command my devices and AHP Macros... but it also allows me to have a clear voice announcement for alerts and warning. I have some YouTube Video that shows some of my setup.

here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apZF77tsZlI

...and this one is where the cameras automatically puts the video image of any trespasser on my TV (and more) plus it announces the warning OUTSIDE too.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkAwQ4KXkHA
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:37:06 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.