Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New OnAlertMobile  (Read 57119 times)

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: New OnAlertMobile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »

what does this do that the several security remotes I already have won't do?

OnAlertMobile basically allows you to use your mobile device as a security remote.
If you are familiar with port forwarding you can use this on a 3G/4G/Edge connection and not be limited to using a local WiFi connection.

ErikP

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 04:45:58 AM »

Can I use this on my Android phone to arm/disarm the system when I am travelling, or do I have to be logged on to my my home's internal WiFi network. 

Another option, if you purchase and install the iWatchmobile PRO plugin, this grants you access to use the x10 reflector server for your other mobile apps as well.  This will change the invite cellphone dialog to display a 3G and a WiFi link to connect to your software.  The 3G link will route through the X10 reflector server and connect remotely to your home PC without any port forwarding or needing to open anything on your firewall.

If the later: what does this do that the several security remotes I already have won't do?
The original intent of the product was not to replace your existing remotes, but give you the option just use the phone in your pocket instead of digging for the remote lost in that pile of knocked over magazines on the coffee table.  Obviously we have branched out a bit from the original idea, with security codes for remote access, support on the reflector server to host all the current mobile apps, and not just the one it was designed for, but that was the original idea for the product.

kevinwheeler

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 03:04:09 PM »

OK - for those of us who aren't icon intuitive, can someone tell me what function the blue lock button on the "remote" performs? I think the ! (exclamation) is the panic button but can't figure out the other one.

Thanks.

Kevin

ErikP

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »

The blue lock and the red ! buttons are mode switching buttons.  Kind of like TV and Cable on a universal remote.  They change the functionality of the buttons below them, but don't send any commands themselves.

The blue lock is the arm mode and is selected by default when the application loads.  This gives you access to all your arm and disarm buttons as well as security light on/off.

The red ! button changes into panic mode.  This displays a giant panic button, as well as an off button to disable the panic.

We broke up the interface into 2 modes, because with such a small screen space (mobile phones), it was just too easy to accidentally hit the panic button.  I am constantly accidentally hitting the panic button on my truck's keyless entry system, so I wanted to make sure no one had that problem with our software.

kevinwheeler

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »

Thank you.

One additional question/feature request:

Is there a way to have one of the Mobile apps indicate which of the alarm sensors was triggered? Now that AHP knows when the alarm has been set and which mode (home or away), if it detects a door sensor open in either mode or a motion sensor in away mode then have a number or sensor name show up on the OnAlert remote. This would be a wonderful addition.

Thanks.

Kevin

ErikP

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »

Unfortunately since the mobile apps are all built on an HTML interface the communication is pretty one sided right now.  We can query some minimal information like a list of module names from ActiveHome Pro, but we can't receive notifications or events.  It is possible to build a script loop to continuously poll ActiveHome Pro to gather this kind of information on the mobile app, but we would have to build an infrastructure into the code to support this, so it is not as trivial as it sounds.

I will add it to the suggested features list, but adding this would be a pretty substantial change to software.

tybirdtybird

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »

Clearly we (X10) have some customer service issues to work on.  You'll be receiving email links tomorrow, and IT is going to go back through the order list and figure out who else didn't get a registration link and email them...

Thank you.

I don't feel all of my experiences with x10 support have been negative, but there does seem to be some miscommunication and lack of knowledge with some customer service reps.
I appreciate that you have been letting us provide feedback and pass along any issues we've come across with the new software, both positive and negative.
Also, listening to suggestions on adding features to the software and putting up with all the rambling from us users.
I also appreciate the quick response to our questions.  #:)
Other x10 employees could definitely learn a thing or two here.

For me ever time i call customer service reps they just lied to me. they told me two time they where going to send me out replace parts  Never got them  . I do would like the mobile app.     

geeforce

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »

Dear x10. I have been using the iwatchmobile with no problems. After it had been working so well for me i bought the onalertmobile and now nothing works. this is the situation. i was using the iwatchmobile and it was working fine, but after i installed onalertmobile i get nothing. When i bought onalertmobile i installe both onalert & onalertmobile. I didn't really notice that i already had onalert and installed on top of it. now nothing works now. when i try to register it, it just says connecting but nothing happens. I put in a fake code an it did the same not saying if it was worng or right. i think i need to do a uninstall, but your software dosen't unistall easilier. how do a clean uninstall and reinstall.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.