Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Harmony P2. Help  (Read 22265 times)

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Harmony P2. Help
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2022, 11:18:22 AM »

That makes me feel better. I started to think server when I could not get a response for a password change. Thanks.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2022, 11:20:59 AM »

The evils of cloud based automation!  :'

Moose

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2022, 11:27:56 AM »

I sent them a failure message as well.

brobin

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2022, 01:24:53 PM »

Server is back up & I just received this via email:

To our valued Smartenit app users:

Our app server on AWS has been restored after many agonizing hours. We apologize for the inconvenience this has created.

For those using our gateways, watch for a future release of the apps that will again use the local gateway server should the cloud server not be available.

Thank you for your support and patronage.

Al Choperena
President and CEO
Smartenit

1 Technology Drive, D405
Irvine, CA 92618
Tel: 949.429.3303 ext. 3
Web: https://smartenit.com
LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/company/smartenit
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 01:26:36 PM by brobin »

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »

I am glad it is back.
I was going crazy because my devices stopped working and I had no clue why. I could not login to Smartenit account. Now all is back to normal.

Moose

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2022, 04:18:34 PM »

Teamwork.  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2022, 05:41:46 PM »

Although I don't  use smartenit I do have more then one way to control X10 via Alexa and Google. It means having the same device in Alexa/Google twice with different names ofcourse but you have a back up option. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2022, 08:31:41 PM »

Something to consider when you turn the keys to your HA setup to someone else.  Not that a local HA server can't have its own problems, but at least you don't have to wait for the engineer to clock overtime or their next shift.

brobin

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2022, 09:12:15 PM »

Something to consider when you turn the keys to your HA setup to someone else.  Not that a local HA server can't have its own problems, but at least you don't have to wait for the engineer to clock overtime or their next shift.

Agreed!  That's why I still have my 20+ year old Stargate running the schedules.  I do have a couple of Automation Rules running on the P2 and they still worked during the server outage as the schedules run locally.  Interestingly, I still received email from the P2 during the outage. Just to let me know it's working, I have the P2 send me an email at sunrise every morning that says "Wake up Sunshine!"  I still received it so apparently emails are sent through a different server.  My primary use of the P2 is only for Alexa which is just an additional convenience.

SkipWX10

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2022, 08:24:31 AM »

Although I don't  use smartenit I do have more then one way to control X10 via Alexa and Google. It means having the same device in Alexa/Google twice with different names ofcourse but you have a back up option. >!

Very good point...While I do not use Google, I have Alexa and WM100 which are both based on cloud systems and fail during server or power outages, but also have CM15a which allows local control in the event of a server issue and also allows local control while running on genny in a power outage.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2022, 10:10:48 AM »

Exactly why you should never rely solely on a cloud based solution and a 3rd party to resolve your issues. It makes no difference what hub you use, if it is 3rd party based it comes with its own caveats. Local control, local issues and local solutions provided by you. You are you’re own engineer.

ColdnFrosty

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2022, 10:26:56 PM »

When I run the Smartenit app and look at Harmony P2, I click on the "Updates" tab. It responds that, "A software update is available:"

So, I click on the "Update now" tab.

A message pops up at the bottom of the screen saying, "The update has started successful." This messages disappears after a couple or three seconds.

Another message remains on the screen, "This device is updating, please do not unplug."

So, I wait and wait, and after about three minutes, we start all over with a message, "A software update is available:"

This is essentially an endless loop.

BTW, the light on the P2 remains green and there is no indication that an update is running. The software version remains 3.15.0-14.

brobin

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2022, 12:41:29 AM »

I just tried it and saw the almost the same thing as you described except it only tried for two seconds and stopped.  About 5 minutes later I got a Smartenit notification on my phone saying that "This device could not be updated successfully, please try again."
It's not causing any problems so I think the best thing for us to do is report it here: https://smartenit.com/contact_us/

brobin

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2022, 10:39:27 AM »

I sent a message to support right after posting the above and received this reply early this morning:

"Please ignore the message. There is an issue with the updating service for our P2.
 Thank you for bringing this up.
 Sammy"

SkipWX10

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2022, 07:39:27 AM »

Last couple of days, Alexa has not executed commands to change the state of X10 devices, i.e.: "Alexa, turn off porch lights" ... she dings like she's doe the command, but no action of the devices. Get no success using the Smartenit app on the phone either..no change in state of device.

I haven't had the time to crawl into the space where all the routers, etc, including the P2 are housed to reboot..just wondering if lack of response is due to needing a reboot of the P2?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.