Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Name of Camera Sending Motion Notification  (Read 4646 times)

TJMay

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Name of Camera Sending Motion Notification
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »

Not being one to give up easily, I have now tried mail servers from gmail, yahoo and outlook. All of the mail clients were tested with regular emails and all work as expected.

So, it appears that the failure of the Airsight Cameras to send mail resides on my end; either the camera, network or router is interfering with the camera's ability to send an email.

It worked for a short time and then something changed!

Any suggestions on what to look at?

And, BTW, a sincere thank you to all of you who are willing to share your experience and knowledge for no other reason than to be helpful to another who is struggling.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2021, 05:37:40 PM »

Have you tried the SMTP2GO.com service I mentioned? You can use any of your existing email addresses if you want. It might just work for you and you don't have to use security which may be the issue. You can set it up and test it in less than 10 minutes.

TJMay

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2021, 09:48:49 AM »

Another clue!

Late last night, one of the 6 Airsight Cameras sent a motion detected email!

Upon receipt of that email, I used my iPad to connect to the camera both via the Airsight App and directly via Safari and both initiated a successful test of the email configuration.

This morning, with no changes made to the Airsight Camera, I repeated the email configuration test of that camera via Safari, the Airsighjt App and my Desktop and all failed.

So, could the issue be a time-of-day issue and if so, what controls this?

TJMay

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2021, 11:17:09 AM »

I found it!

One of you guys mentioned it a few posts ago but I didn't put it together.

I am using Outlook (HotMail) and unbeknownst to me, until you verify the account, the number of emails are limited. That explains why some did and some didn't.

Once verified, all emails are getting out as expected.

Thanks again to all of you for sharing your knowledge with the tech-challenged among us.

Michael Miltich

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2022, 12:00:55 PM »

FYI The X10 cameras must use old email protocol that is no longer considered "secure". You cannot send emails to an AOL account for this reason. You can to a GMAIL account but only if you tell Google to accept non-secure devices AND this will end in May. And it resets every so often.

So what other free email accounts are people using with these cameras?

Michael

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2022, 04:12:45 PM »

So what other free email accounts are people using with these cameras?
I'm not using this camera, but I have some old server-type applications that need to send notification emails.  Like you, I used to use Gmail, but my ability to do so was broken in a previous update.  I now use SMTP2GO.  You have to create a membership account first, then you can create a legacy SMTP account for each of your applications.  Use the latter credentials and server/port "mail.smtp2go.com:2525" in your applications.  A free account allows your applications to send 25 emails per hour.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.