Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule  (Read 8190 times)

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2021, 03:21:23 PM »

I just did a little experiment with a spare MS16a set to A1. My Smartenit is set up in the Kitchen. When I walk around and manually send ON commands anywhere in the Kitchen area, the Porch Sensor device is not activated. Once I leave the room, everything works fine. It is like there is an RF field blocking the On code.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2021, 05:23:25 PM »

I did mention back in Reply 49 that the Security console is off for now. I have never used the security motion sensors with HG. They do work fine though when the Security console is setup and armed.

You may have the console deactivated but are the security sensors deactivated too. Remember every time they are triggered on they will trigger off quickly. You need to consider all RF sensors on the premises and how they are actually configured. As I suggested strip your setup down to the basics and slowly add back each element testing it fully before moving on. Remember your X10 rf Controller will still be picking up rf signals even if they are not configured on the system. I’ll leave it with you but you have the basic idea.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2021, 05:49:59 PM »

I just did a little experiment with a spare MS16a set to A1. My Smartenit is set up in the Kitchen. When I walk around and manually send ON commands anywhere in the Kitchen area, the Porch Sensor device is not activated. Once I leave the room, everything works fine. It is like there is an RF field blocking the On code.

Where is the transceiver located? The MS16A signal is received by the Transceiver which sends an X10 command out on the powerline.  The PLM on the powerline receives that signal and sends it to the P2.

Moose

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »

Where is the transceiver located? The MS16A signal is received by the Transceiver which sends an X10 command out on the powerline.  The PLM on the powerline receives that signal and sends it to the P2.

In the Kitchen, inches from the PLM. I have tried moving the transceiver around, but with no luck. I think perhaps one of my power bars had turned into a transmitter.

brobin

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2021, 06:07:28 PM »

Most power strips have filters which can interfere with X10.  Best to plug directly into wall outlet.

Moose

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2022, 08:05:49 AM »

Well, the ghosts are back! B:( I cannot control my X10 modules with Smartenit, again. The app seems to be working. If I turn on devices from other controllers, the app shows the device as green, ON. If I ask Alexa to turn on a device, the app shows green. If I try and control devices in the app, the device turns green but does not come ON.

So, it would seem  that the Smartenit hub is working and connected to the network. And, the transceiver seems to be working because it is feeding device status to the hub. Thoughts?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 11:32:18 AM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2022, 11:37:10 AM »

Do the CM15A and other controllers turn the devices themselves on/off?  Can you control a module plugged plugged into the same outlet as the P2? 
This sounds like some device in your home is spewing noise.  You can try turning off one breaker at a time to find which circuit it is then look for things on that circuit to unplug/disconnect.  Suspected culprits are wall warts as well as CFL and LED bulbs.  When these things get old they can create line noise before they actually fail.  Also think about ANY new device that may have come into your home - like a new cell phone charger of new LED bulbs.  Over the years I've had ALL of these things happen.

Moose

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2022, 01:14:49 PM »

This is a little more bizarre than my usual. There are 2 appliance modules just inches away from the PLM and they can be controlled by my Homeseer controller. I even plugged an appliance module into the PLM and it would not respond, but it will via Homeseer. The device events from Homeseer are showing up in the Smartenit log too. I am wondering if the PLM died?

Moose

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2022, 01:39:39 PM »

So, I needed to try something else, so I plugged the PLM with the attached appliance module into an extension cord that was plugged in elsewhere. And guess what happened.  :' Everything worked.  :)% Then I plugged it back where it came from, and everything still worked.  >! I do not get it. >*<

Thanks for your input Brobin.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:14:18 PM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2022, 02:20:37 PM »

Maybe just the act of rebooting the PLM by unplugging it cleared the problem.  But then, we've already established the fact that you live in a haunted house so who knows?  :' rofl  >!

Moose

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2022, 12:51:06 PM »

Everything worked for about 24 hours, then I had To "reboot" the PLM again.  ???

brobin

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2022, 01:31:16 PM »

Everything worked for about 24 hours, then I had To "reboot" the PLM again.  ???
Try pressing and holding the SET button on the PLM for 10 seconds to reset it.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2022, 06:45:46 PM »

If you are trying to do a Factory Reset on the 2412U PLM. That clears everything out.
Unplug the 2412U and wait for maybe ten seconds.
Plug it back in while holding the Set Button for ten seconds and then release the Set Button.

Moose

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2022, 07:57:43 AM »

If you are trying to do a Factory Reset on the 2412U PLM. That clears everything out.
Unplug the 2412U and wait for maybe ten seconds.
Plug it back in while holding the Set Button for ten seconds and then release the Set Button.

Are there 2 levels of Reset or was Brobin's description just not quite as complete?

brobin

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2022, 12:57:37 PM »

Brian H is correct.  Sorry I left that part out.  I should have added "while plugging it in."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.