Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: High wattage filters for PC  (Read 6921 times)

jagMan653

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: High wattage filters for PC
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2023, 07:03:32 PM »

I found one problem in my setup. When I assigned my test setup, MyLamp in MyRoom in MyHome (L) I chose L4 to the Appliance module the for my desk lamp, overlooking the fact that I was already using L4 for a power supply for the front yard!

I fixed that and then set about to implement your suggestions. That meant getting rid of my power strip all together and plugging an Appliance module into another nearby wall outlet, and the desk lamp into it. As usual, the PalmPad controls it but the Timer I set up for it doesn't work. The tester shows X7.92 F122K N.00. Not sure if that's acceptable.  :(

The possible fly in the ointment is the "nearby wall outlet." I'll have to dig out my house wiring diagrams.

Still can't understand how I got into the mess.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2023, 07:47:10 PM »

Sounds like you're getting plenty of signal. Have you tested with a different appliance module? I'm not an AHP user but I think you have to be sure to define the module correctly as a lamp or appliance module.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 06:13:12 AM »

7.92 is plenty of signal. Sounds like me with an XTB-IIR.  I have ~1.5V in all my outlets and that is with a few known signal suckers.
I have seen .1V of X10 signal is usually all that is needed and 0.05V for select X10 modules with AGC.
If your tester is available to plug in. You should be able to test the signal at the outlet itself.
Just a reminder. There are two lamp module list. Before soft start and soft start.
I believe there is a setting for On or 100% for lamp modules.
Appliance module do not respond to an All Lights On just an All units Off.

jagMan653

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2023, 03:14:45 PM »

Managed to get back to this issue today.

I now have a new non-surge-protected power strip for the miscellaneous things in my computer room. But just to rule that out completely, all that stuff is disconnected.

The CM15A is plugged into a the unfiltered outlet of FilterLinc plugged into a wall outlet on what I will call House circuit A. My APC UPS is plugged into the filtered outlet of the FilterLinc.

An Appliance Module is plugged into a wall outlet that is on what I will call House Circuit 1. A desk lamp with incandescent lamp is plugged into that Appliance module. A PalmPad properly turns the lamp on and off.

I connected the USB cable from my desktop computer to the CM15A and launched the AHP app. I cleared the interface memory, created a On - Off Timer for the lamp, and downloaded.

Unfortunately, timer does not work. I'm at my wits end B:(

brobin

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2023, 03:41:21 PM »

Try plugging the CM15A directly into the wall outlet without the Filterlinc.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2023, 10:37:14 AM »

Try plugging the CM15A directly into the wall outlet without the Filterlinc.

It never hurts to try, but the way the FilterLinc is constructed, the non-filtered plug is directly connected to the mains input.  I suppose there could be a fault in that connection but it seems unlikely that would break the signal if there is power making it through.

jagMan653

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2023, 12:20:37 PM »

Thx, but that's impossible. The only access to that house circuit is a 4-outlet box and when the FilterLinc plugged into one of the 4 there's room for the CM15A. But if I plug the non-surge-protected into the 4-outlet box can I get away with plugging the CM15A into it? I'll give it a try.

Another thought I've been having is maybe the XTB-IIR has failed. Any chance of that?

brobin

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2023, 02:40:55 PM »

Yes you cam plug the CM15A into the unfiltered power strip.  The XTBII-R could have failed but that's highly unlikely.

jagMan653

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2023, 06:39:17 PM »

I moved the power strip to a house circuit close to the XTB-IIR. Very high signal and very low noise. As per usual, the lamp is controlled by the PalmPad but not the Timer.

Now thinking it might be the CM15A, although it's brand new. I still have my old one so I'll clean up the corrosion in the battery holder and see if it works.

brobin

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2023, 07:14:28 PM »

Has the new CM15a ever worked?

jagMan653

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2023, 09:55:13 PM »

No, the new CM15A has never worked.

brobin

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2023, 10:59:35 PM »

In that case I'd want to see what happens using the old one.

jagMan653

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2023, 04:08:10 PM »

@brobin
Tried the old CM15A yesterday. It doesn't work at all. When it and the appliance module for the lamp are on the same non-surge-protected power strip the lamp can't even be controlled with a PalmPad.

The old CM15A has been in service for several years while plugged into a wall outlet in the laundry room right above the washer. Needless to say, it had major corrosion. Perhaps when it finally failed it precipitated the problems I've been having.

The new CM15A was purchased from Texas Home Automation in Nov 2022. Yesterday I applied for and was granted a free replacement.  It should now be on it's way and I have until Feb 6 to mail the possibly failed unit to TMA.

Hope it works!

brobin

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2023, 07:30:35 PM »

I hope that's the fix. You've tried everything.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2023, 11:34:10 AM »

Because several have expressed an interest in the XTB-F10 and F15 filters, I am considering ordering a small batch of PCBs so those handy with a soldering iron can assemble their own.  All components are available from Mouser, and the case from Polycase.  Let me know if there is any interest.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.