Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Product Specifications  (Read 14980 times)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Product Specifications
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:36:51 AM »

I would like X-10 to show a comparable table or chart of specifications of comparable items.  I am trying to figure out what the difference is between the different motion sensors.  From what I learned from the X-10 website, they all do the same thing but have different costs.  I know that certain motion sensors from alarm companies will not trigger if an item is under 80 pounds do any X-10 sensors operate the same.  Besides the X-10 Pro modules which provide 2-way comunication, their are several modules provided by X-10 which do the same thing and vary in price.  When shopping for a module, I am looking for an item that does what I need it to do, When two modules perform in the same manner and have different prices with no explanation to the difference, I will purchase the cheaper.  I have noticed that some of the more costly units include a 2 year warranty instead of the standard 1 year.  Just provide me with a chart so I can determine which Item will do what I need it to do.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Product Specifications
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:45:04 AM »

I would like X-10 to show a comparable table or chart of specifications of comparable items....
This is a great idea!
I'd like to see one for the cameras.
It's hard enough trying to scroll through all the different areas of the web site. A chart or even better the ability the select a few items for comparison would be helpful.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

nklght

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 03:05:44 AM »

Steven,
It is tough to decipher the X-10 website.  They offer multiple items which will perform the same duty, yet no real difference is listed.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 03:15:33 AM »

...It is tough to decipher the X-10 website.  They offer multiple items which will perform the same duty, yet no real difference is listed.
My point exactly.
Fortunately they have at least one new web designer (joined X10 in Jan) that seems to have a more practical and less flashy approach to site design. See this site.
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:57:42 AM »

I have seen a comparison chart of X10 Motion Sensors. Only problem is it may have been on a third party automation related web site. There are differences between the sensors. Like adjustbale time of no motion before the off is sent and weather resistant or not.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:03:58 AM »

...There are differences between the sensors....
...and knowing these product differences before buying them leads to happier campers.  :)
eg. I haven't bought a camera for my front porch in part because I'm not sure what flashy ad better meets my need.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 12:10:58 PM »

As I long time X10 user (from the DOS days), I also want to better product specs for X10's entire line. Much of my X-10 expertise has been OJT training. Buy it and install it, then use it and if someting goes awry, you either get help from another user or, if you're lucky, an X-10 dealer is near you can can help.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

nklght

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 02:44:02 AM »

Dan,
I have also used X-10 for quite some time, it did some amazing stuff without the need of an computer.  Now AHP needs to run on an computer, and is still only availble to run options which were available wiithout an computer.  Lead it to RadioShack to ruin a great thing remember Cue Cat.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 08:53:29 AM »

...Lead it to RadioShack to ruin a great thing remember Cue Cat.
I had forgotton about Cue Cat. Is that piece of hardware / software still in use?

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »

had forgotton about Cue Cat. Is that piece of hardware / software still in use?
Last time I tried to use mine, which was a year ago I was directed to a site that stated they were no longer in business.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 02:34:39 PM »

had forgotton about Cue Cat. Is that piece of hardware / software still in use?
Last time I tried to use mine, which was a year ago I was directed to a site that stated they were no longer in business.
For anyone that misses CueCatTM, try this UPC data base.
If you still have your CueCatTM scanner you can use it (Make sure you've uninstalled the CueCatTM software.) otherwise you'll have to type in the UPC. This guy keeps the data base as a hobby.
Hmm... Now where did I toss that CueCatTM?

amigamax

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Product Specifications (Sensors)
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 02:17:14 PM »

Here's your motion sensor comparison:

This page tells the differeence between ActiveEye, HawkEye, EagleEye, and Pro sensors.
Good page if they ever put equal effort into support they have put into advertising.  ;)

http://www.activehomepro.com/sensors_compare.htm

Gimme a kudo "it was useful" if it tells you what you want to know!

I know I'll reference it!

Hawk & Pro are white; Eagle & Active are not.

Gizmo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 02:20:29 PM by amigamax »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 10:05:51 PM »

For anyone that misses CueCatTM, try this UPC data base.
If you still have your CueCatTM scanner you can use it (Make sure you've uninstalled the CueCatTM software.) otherwise you'll have to type in the UPC. This guy keeps the data base as a hobby.
Hmm... Now where did I toss that CueCatTM?

In my case, it's in the spare bedroom closet, probably very near the (still working) Timex Sinclair 1000 computer! :)

I suddenly feel very old.  :-[
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 03:24:15 PM »

Bill,

I have an Atari 800, a Commodore 64, and brown modules that say "BSR System X10" so you ain't the only one feelin old ;-)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 10:22:53 PM »

Bill,

I have an Atari 800, a Commodore 64, and brown modules that say "BSR System X10" so you ain't the only one feelin old ;-)

I miss my Atari 800 and the 1200XL (I really wanted the 1450XLD!)  I still have a service manual (2 inch thick tome!) with the schematics for the 800 and the source-code for the ROMs!  I'm sure it will come in handy some day  :-[

The Commodore Vic 20 might even still work, but the C64 has a bad video chip.  My wife made me give away all the Apple II, IIe and Apple III stuff.  :'(

Sorry all, I think this went a bit off-topic.  :-[

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.