Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this possible? Am466 Appliance Module  (Read 13762 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Is this possible? Am466 Appliance Module
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 12:46:40 PM »

I have everything setup as you described. But still can't turn the computer off from the telephone controller. All softwares are up-to-date. The only time I am able to turn the computer off is when the Am466 module is set to "HC A". When on "N8" no response are received from the telephone controller.
Then Murphy must have come for a visit.  ;) Are you telling it to do an "A8 ON"? Remember the macro triggers with an "ON" signal.
After triple checking the set up, try these steps while near the computer...
  • Open the Activity Monitor (under Tools) in AHP
  • Call in and make sure AHP is receiving your "A8 ON" command. Also note if the A8 macro is executed.
  • Manually send an "A8 ON" from your telephone controller.

BTW... Murphy and I are old friends. e.g. My laptop keyboard locked up while typing the previous reply and I had to switch computers mid message.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 01:12:29 PM »

Ok, I told you I was new to this marco thing. I was using 8 # which is the off command, instead of 8 * to send the ON command. You turn my light bulb on the minute I read that. I assume that because I use the "#" to turn the other gadgets off, I did the same to run the macro.

I love this X10 stuff. Now since you were bragging about the system sending an email of the status, why not share some of that information with me, or is there a thread somewhere with those instructions.

Thanks a million, Steven R.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »

...Now since you were bragging about the system sending an email of the status...
There may not be a thread showing specifically how to use the feature. I did discover the feature on this forum, however.

If you want to try it, use an unit code that you haven't used yet for your HC "A" that isn't the last digit of the access code. Say perhaps "A9". Start building your macro. You'll find the email option under "Advanced Functions". You can tell it what to say. e.g. "AHP running."
Then if you call and send an "A9 ON" command it will email you back. Since an email function can run only from the computer, no text msg means the computer / AHP is not up and running.

The key thing to remember is that this type of macro must is set up to run from the computer. There is no choice to run it from the CM15A as it requires the computer to have an online connection. For this reason, I don't mix other critical commands with my email macros. (When I need to combine critical commands with an emailing macro, I chain the emailing macro to another macro. - That's emailing class 202, try the basics first.)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.