Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Which Requests would you like to see implemented first?  (Read 7575 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Which Requests would you like to see implemented first?
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:57:59 AM »

To help narrow down which adds users would like to see first I've created this poll so the developer & manufacture can quickly see which adds are the most popular.
I've made it so you can change your votes in case someone puts forth a new wish that you would like to see added first.
Or you see your choice has no chance of making it this round and you wish to put your support towards something else that has a better chance. ;)
All these wish polls are good, if your unsure what the add is you can click on the wish and be taken to the specific poll for more details.
The poll will be open for 10 days then locked.
A new poll will be created prior to the next time Authinx intends to go to the manufacture or developer for add requests.
This way nothing is ruled out!

Note: you don't need to vote for three options but you stand a better chance of at least one being implemented first. ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:39:21 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Which Requests would you like to see implemented first?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:52:56 AM »

Although Authinx has requested all wishes be added to the poll, some will require a hardware change. I wouldn't expect those to be implemented to quickly, but I've been wrong before. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:11:34 AM »

Although Authinx has requested all wishes be added to the poll, some will require a hardware change. I wouldn't expect those to be implemented to quickly, but I've been wrong before. ::) :'
Would it make sense to split the poll into separate polls for software-only changes (like sorting) and those that would require a hardware change (like RF control)? Since the hardware changes will take longer to get implemented (and will be a separate process), those votes are wasted when they try to determine what hardware changes to make.

--Noam

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 06:19:01 AM »

Would it make sense to split the poll into separate polls for software-only changes (like sorting) and those that would require a hardware change (like RF control)? Since the hardware changes will take longer to get implemented (and will be a separate process), those votes are wasted when they try to determine what hardware changes to make.

--Noam
I agree but, this is the way it was requested to be done.
Authinx can separate hardware from software requests easy enough.
RF control may not be that difficult to incorporate since the Wifi chip already supports IR possibilities ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 06:41:46 AM »

--Noam
I agree but, this is the way it was requested to be done.
Authinx can separate hardware from software requests easy enough.
RF control may not be that difficult to incorporate since the Wifi chip already supports IR possibilities ::) :'

The hardware used - a 64-pin STM32F103RCT6 plus one of the ESP8266 based WiFi modules - would appear to be massive overkill. Aside from WiFi, for which it has a dedicated module, the WM100 really does little more than the CM11A did, with a small PIC, all those years ago.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:52:18 AM »

The hardware used - a 64-pin STM32F103RCT6 plus one of the ESP8266 based WiFi modules - would appear to be massive overkill. Aside from WiFi, for which it has a dedicated module, the WM100 really does little more than the CM11A did, with a small PIC, all those years ago.
I like to think of the wm100 as the Cm11 version of the Wi-Fi modules.
I also like to think of the TIP10RF as the cm19 or 17 (European)version of wi-fi modules
Both CMs got merged into the CM15, will this be the case with the WM? ::) :'
I hope so. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »

Here's the WM100 hardware.

32-bit ARM STM32F103RCT6 64-pin 256KB of Flash and 48KB of RAM (plus unknown 8-pin chip)

32-bit Espressif ESP-WROOM-02 Module 18-pin 64 KB boot ROM, 64 KB instruction RAM, 96 KB data RAM and 2MB of Flash

Of course they could have replaced all-the-above with a $3.50 (retail) ESP32 and added voice recognition.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:08:48 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 08:04:43 AM »

Yes, frankly I was surprised that with the horsepower in there it isn't capable of doing much more.  In addition to maintaining time correctly, we need conditional macros triggered by powerline events, one second time resolution, and proper handling of extended codes.  And since there are still a lot of people out there with SmartHome X10 devices, it would be nice if they supported the pre-set dim command that was defined by X10 back in the original X10 Technical Note.  Our 15-year old Ocelot supports all of this for not much more than the "retail" price of the WM100.

Jeff
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:26:06 PM by JeffVolp »
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 12:00:34 PM »

frankly I was surprised that with the horsepower in there it isn't capable of doing much more. 

I believe the WM100 is capable of much more and Authinx would have liked to have initially released it with more options.
But they figured users had been waiting long enough for this and options can always be added anyways.
I believe rather then wasting time adding options I suggested, they would wait and see what end users actually wanted first. ::) :'
Delays were adding up costs and the release would help offset those.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 02:25:34 AM »

It is really interesting to see what users are thinking here.
I expected one or two requests to just walk away with the votes.
I've re-evaluated my voting several times, thinking which options I'd get the most bang for in my setup.
This has made me change my vote a couple of times.  :-[ ::)

52(votes currently)/21(voters) clearly some users only voted once :o
Maybe they'll change their voting prior to the poll closing just like me ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bonx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »

Can backup battery be added to the voting list? (yes a hardware upgrade)  Power outages occur frequently and time sync with the internet and battery backup would allow the "show" to continue while I was away.

Thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:42 PM »

a separate poll needs to be created fore each request so we can discuss those options separately.
Once they are created I'll add them to this poll.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

michaelbushell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 06:09:33 AM »

Battery backup is critical for any system with timers.

With this  upgrade, there needs to be a method to save and restore the configuration settings, and maybe applying an installed user discount if this enhancement requires us to chuck out your first version. However, I can imagine a battery pack placed between the hub and the AC. ( I believe Panasonic did that with one of their phone systems. Also, maybe the App can more permanently store the configuration for saving and restoring into the new Hub.

Coming from the CM15 world, there needs to be an intelligent  time base to drive the changing sunset times.

BTW, my 15 year experience with my X10 system clearly shows me that automatic fading up and fading down at least doubles the life of my outdoor floods. And buying them from other than Home Depot appears to also keep them running longer. (I've been logging their replacements)

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 07:49:56 AM »

Battery backup is critical for any system with timers.

That isn't really true if the unit has access to the web and can recognize a power glitch that results in the time being lost.  When power is restored the unit can just reset its clock from a web standard time reference, such as www.time.gov.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 03:39:50 AM »

With this  upgrade, there needs to be a method to save and restore the configuration settings, and maybe applying an installed user discount if this enhancement requires us to chuck out your first version.
I do not use scenes, but my WM100 does not lose configuration when unpowered, just the time until the App re-syncs. Pretty sure scenes are in non-volatile memory also. Not sure what you are referring to, unless you are wanting to store everything in your phone AND the WM100. Pretty sure that is not high on the developers list. I guessing the next few revisions will be bug fix.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.